Solved

i renew my webroot but i keep getting pop ups to do so! i need to do it before 1 / 15 /15 Any reason

• 14 January 2015
  • 15 replies

i renew my webroot but i keep getting pop ups to do so! i need to do it before 1 / 15 /15 Any reason why
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 30 July 2022, 17:29

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Were you able to get this resolved?  If not, go ahead and contact support and they'll be able to help.
Userlevel 3

I had the same problem on my wife’s laptop.  My desk top was not showing it.  Yesterday I spent over an hour on the chat site.  A person took control and, after over an hour, said it is fine now.  I accepted the response.  I gave the laptop back to my wife but this problem remained. The key was correct and the date of expiration (next July) was correct so I tried to contact tech support again - the person said there would be a 5 hour wait which I said was unacceptable.  The person took control and then promptly signed off and I got a message saying something to the effect someone would contact me.  This was at 10:30 PM.  I signed off and went to bed. About midnight someone called from Tech support and I told them I was in bed and had turned everything off.  I then went down and tried something.  Since I had to do a re-sign up to access my account to begin with I thought maybe this was the problem.  I signed in on her computer and the problem went away.  She is gone today with her computer so I am not sure it stayed away.  Anyway, my desktop jut started giving me the same pop-up, no problem the last two days but now it is there.  I tried to contact tech support but no response yet after 4 hours.  I went ahead and logged back in to my account but that did not make the pop up disappear.  I am thinking there is something wrong because of the merge.  I realize I am still protected (or it says I am) but this pop-up is annoying.  If anyone figures out how to solve the problem I would appreciate the answer, obviously tech support can’t fix it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @cubman1941 

Are you sure you were with Webroot Support?

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket which is the best way and only put one Ticket in and wait for a reply do not reply until they contact you!

Call 1-866-612-4227 during the week Mon - Fri 7 AM to 5:30 PM (MDT)

https://www.webroot.com/us/en/about/contact-us#heading-home

Thanks,

Userlevel 3

Well, I used Geek Site - I have used them before and accessed them though the site.  I even filled out a survey.  The call I got at midnight was from Geek Squad.  I am not sure of the difference. The message I sent hours ago was to  Webroot Technical Support.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @cubman1941 

If you purchased via Best Buy Geek Squad then they look after there own installs of WSA so contact them again if your not happy! And if they can’t do anything wait till you hear back from Webroot Support!

Webroot Subscription Software from Best Buy:

BestBuy-GeekSquad logo

Chat with a Geek Squad Agent

Call 1-888-BEST-BUY or (1-888-237-8289)

Userlevel 3

Thank you.  It doesn’t appear they can fix the problem (two different contacts) so will wait to hear back from Webroot Support but it will probably be Monday.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Thank you.  It doesn’t appear they can fix the problem (two different contacts) so will wait to hear back from Webroot Support but it will probably be Monday.

Right wait for a reply if you put in a Support Ticket!

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

Thanks,

Userlevel 3

Heard back from Webroot Support - since I bought this from Best Buy I have to go back through Geek Squad to solve the problem.  I just contacted Geek Squad and a five hour wait has began.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Let us know how it goes. 😕

Userlevel 3

I will and hopefully they will tell me what they have done to fix the problem.  As I said, they fixed my wife’s laptop but didn’t tell me what they had done.  This problem popped after after that.  I was fine on my desk top until it all of a sudden popped up.

Userlevel 3

I finally got to a person who could solve the problem.  He uninstalled and reinstalled Webroot on both computers and they both work find.  I did notice the install date was June something of this year.  I have had Webroot for a few years so I suspect when the merge between Webroot and Carbonite (?) happened the problem was caused.  I had to log in again which was strange.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I finally got to a person who could solve the problem.  He uninstalled and reinstalled Webroot on both computers and they both work find.  I did notice the install date was June something of this year.  I have had Webroot for a few years so I suspect when the merge between Webroot and Carbonite (?) happened the problem was caused.  I had to log in again which was strange.

No it’s not because of the merge between Webroot and Carbonite but there has been many upgrades to WSA over the years and at times a clean reinstall is suggested!

Thanks,

Userlevel 3

Thanks. maybe that is all it needed.  I appreciate the info and will remember it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

This is the best way to do a clean reinstall! In your case use the Best Buy Geek squad download installer!

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE for the installer
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Go into Safe Mode and Delete these Folders if they are there!
  • C:\Program Files\Webroot Folder
  • C:\ProgramData\WRData Folder (Hidden Folder)
  • C:\ProgramData\WRCore Folder (Hidden Folder)
  • Boot back into normal mode
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
  • DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done

Info in case you don’t know how to go into Safe Mode: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-10-92c27cff-db89-8644-1ce4-b3e5e56fe234

Userlevel 3

Thanks, I have copied it.

Jim