I've come back!

• 18 April 2016
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
Been away for approx a year - having decided to explore other AV's for comparitive purposes. The results have been amazing. The much lauded 'market leaders' have their good points, and at first all seems well.

In my experiance, after a couple of weeks I became aware that my three PC's had slowed up - some programs were taking an absolute age to load. This deterioration happens slowly so the slowing down go's unnoticed for a period of time. I had occasion to turn off the protection on one PC, and the increase in speed and general responce was fantastic. I contacted the manufacturers forum, and received all sorts of advice that did not alter the situation.

Decided to re install webroot AV - this instantly did the job, and once more one of my PC's is now 'flying'.

All the internationally known major brands claim little or no loss of speed - but this is rhubarb - they do considerably cause resource hogging, often after a brief honeymoon period!
One 'free' popular AV was quite good in fairness.
So forumsters, resist the temptation of exaggerated claims from others, and stick with Webroot - its good to be back!!!!!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Purgatory

Welcome back...and glad to see that you have just confirmed what many of us know to be true...that WSA is the lightest yet best protectuing anti malware applcaitons in the business. :D

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 2
Badge +7
Since original post, I have now installed WR internet security to my three PC's.
PS Thanks for the welcome back..