I just started using Webroot on two of my PCs and I started to see strange things right away, most of them attributed to the Identity Protection aspect, and I'm afraid this is going to continue further.
The sign of a good antivirus program is to not realize it's there, and I understand how difficult this can be, but I also know it's possible by working with popular programs to stabalize features, and I would say Chrome and Firefox fall into those categories.
Here are my two issues:
- Firefox downloads would instantly stop when loading a new page in private browsing
- Chrome would not connect to any pages until ID Protection was set to "allow".
Best answer by RetiredTripleHelixView original
The initial scan of my home PC was: 1m35s
I tried again and the 2nd scan was: 1m51s :)
Much better!. Next time I go to work I repeat the process. Thanks again!
And I see Bitdefender's files but it has an [x] in front of them.
[x] c:program filesitdefenderantivirus free editiondmetrics.dll [MD5: 5BB8E15835F5D0A5BD99492C5D85A672] [Flags: 00011400.8647]
[x] c:program filesitdefenderantivirus free editiondummy.dll [MD5: D26D4083086967B8114A75FAF1E81AB5] [Flags: 00011400.8646]
Or Uninstall Bitdefender & WSA and reboot and Install WSA to see if it working fine and make sure you have a copy of your keycode before doing so. Then look at another Scan log to make sure you have no [x] files.
It could be that Bitdefender's realtime shield is scanning every file that WSA scans. As my system scans in about 35 to 45 seconds.
Wed 2013-12-04 10:01:28.0947 Scan Results: Files Scanned: 98881, Duration: 12m 37s, Malicious Files: 0
Thu 2013-12-05 11:30:52.0821 Scan Results: Files Scanned: 87944, Duration: 11m 47s, Malicious Files: 0
Sat 2013-12-07 10:04:07.0062 Scan Results: Files Scanned: 84087, Duration: 19m 18s, Malicious Files: 0
Wed 04-12-2013 13:05:53.0122 Scan Results: Files Scanned: 27998, Duration: 46s, Malicious Files: 0
Thu 05-12-2013 13:05:52.0704 Scan Results: Files Scanned: 28139, Duration: 47s, Malicious Files: 0
Fri 06-12-2013 15:39:04.0724 Scan Results: Files Scanned: 28117, Duration: 29s, Malicious Files: 0
Sat 07-12-2013 13:06:11.0185 Scan Results: Files Scanned: 28469, Duration: 35s, Malicious Files: 0
Thanks for the help.
It would happen every time I would open a tab and go to a new webpage. As soon as I tried to load a new webpage (any web page, even google.com) it would stop the download.
Chrome.exe was in the active list and it was set to "allow"
When I don't want cookies or browser history to be stored, I switch to private mode, like if I want to browse amazon without linking a bunch of weird items to my account, it's a pain to individually remove those from my history, but there are plenty of uses for private browsing among the obvious ones.
Here's my Scan Log: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s23/sh/225d7bed-65af-4bdd-a267-2244fdee769d/a6de8be440dd6ee5339937b161153d38
edit: Additional note - I'm also running BitDefender on this PC, and I'm wondering if I should just uninstall that if there are known conflicts.
Closing bitdefender didn't help. When Chrome is set to "Protect" for ID Protection, no webpages connect.
Malicious Files: 0
Duration: 13m 24s