Identity Shield and duplicate character while typing.

I am using MS Vista Home Edition and when I use any web browser (IE, Chrome, Foxfire) I get two of the same characters for the one I type. If I turn off Indentity Shield this goes away. I do not have this typing issue with other programs.I would like to keep Indentity Shield on. Any thoughts?

25 replies

Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
I am using MS Vista Home Edition and when I use any web browser (IE, Chrome, Foxfire) I get two of the same characters for the one I type. If I turn off Indentity Shield this goes away. I do not have this typing issue with other programs.I would like to keep Indentity Shield on. Any thoughts?
Welcome to the community!

This is strange. Perhaps I can ping someone to look into this for you.

@ , could you please take a look at this 

Please be patient, I am sure Nic will answer you shortly.

Thank you,

Beth
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Wecome tmsfeb, to the Community Forum!
Can you explain alittle bit further or send a screenshot of this? For more information UserGuide.pdf and The Identity Guide incase you missed this!

See if this helps you out > Please get back to us and one of our Volunteers can assist you here! Or submit a Support ticket Here

Regards,
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
That isn't one I've heard of and I wasn't able to find any documentation on it.  Go ahead and contact support and we'll see what they can figure out:
https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
That isn't one I've heard of and I wasn't able to find any documentation on it.  Go ahead and contact support and we'll see what they can figure out:
Thank you Nic!

@ , please do get back to us and let us know what support says.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free to ask!

To add to the information Sherry gave you, I see you are using a PC, here is a link with information on  Managing Identity Protection

Here are links for the Webroot Guide for PC   and  information on the SecureAnywhere Website

Beth
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@BB613 wrote:
@ wrote:
Thank you Nic!

@ , please do get back to us and let us know what support says.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free to ask!

Beth
Yes tmsfeb! Let us know whar Tech Support does for you so that we may help others!
Also Thanks Nic!!;)
Thanks. I already did yesterday and have not heard back. I am concerned the auto reply was in Dutch vs. English.
Userlevel 7
Hi tmsfeb

May I suggest that you try a clean reinstall; make sure that you have your keycode, uninstall WSA, REBOOT, install WSA (making sure that you do not reapply any previous settings if offered to by the installer, REBOOT, and then double chheck to see if the issue persists.

If not then great, but if this has not resolved the issue then go aheadnand open the support ticket previously suggested.

Regards

Baldrick
Also the link https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp will not let me login. Hmmmmm. However, I was able to login the usual way.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Thanks. I already did yesterday and have not heard back. I am concerned the auto reply was in Dutch vs. English.
I looked up your ticket in the queue and it looks like they sent you an email yesterday to ask you to upload your logs.  Is that the one that you got in Dutch instead of English?  I'm guessing that the agent accidentally selected the wrong language in the dropdown, since E comes right after D.  I'll email you the text of the email again just in case.
Userlevel 7
Really suggest you try the clean reinstall...and see if that works, whilst waiting for Support to contact you. ;)
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
Also the link https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp will not let me login. Hmmmmm. However, I was able to login the usual way.
Usual way, what link did you use to submit your support ticket?

For future reference, if you should need to call Tech Support, they can be reached Monday - Friday 7 a.m. thru 6 p.m. Mountain time at 1-866-612-4227

Let us know how things are and how your issue is reso;lved.

Thanks,
Beth
Usual way, click on link from Webroot software to login to my account.
Userlevel 7
You should actually click on the link from the 'Support/Community' tab.

Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
Usual way, click on link from Webroot software to login to my account.
You should be able to use the link Nic gave you to submit a support ticket.  Logging in to your web consule I do not believe is necessary.

When following Nic's link, all that you need is your email address. When support responds, they will give you a password to see their reply. That password from support is not for your account access, just for support communications. Each time they answer you, they will include that password in the email

Important thing is that you did reach them.

Beth
Unfortunately I uninstalled and reinstalled a trial copy. I do not have the logs you asked for. Also, not sure how to re-register my key;, since, I got a new key. Sorry for being impatient. Note, reinstall solved the problem.
I typed to soon. Rebooted and the issue returned. I turned off Indentity Shield and the issue went away.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

I have seen this in the past and can I ask what is your language localisation is ( Language that you use?) It has to do with the Keyboard language input and Identity Shield and Support is the Best way to get sorted as the bug could of shown up again?

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Nice one, Daniel

I sort of had a feeling you would know about this sort of thing. ;)

Regards

Baldrick
English language and keyboard
It has come back...uninstall, install new, cold booted and the double character is back. Turn off Identity Shield and it goes away. I am waiting for a call back from support. Thanks to everyone for your help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
English language and keyboard
Did you upload the logs they asked for with Webroot's Log Gathering Tool wsalogs.exe?

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Nice one, Daniel

I sort of had a feeling you would know about this sort of thing. ;)

Regards

Baldrick
Yes it's been awhile and again it could be a simple thing as getting some files Whitelisted in the Cloud Database. 😉 The reason they are asking for more logs with the Log Gathering Tool.

Daniel ;)

downloaded the tool and I believe it was uploaded. Unfortunately, I only captured after I reinstalled.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
downloaded the tool and I believe it was uploaded. Unfortunately, I only captured after I reinstalled.
If your still having the issue I think the logs will be fine! Now it's best to keep in contact with support as they can answer what is really happening and please let us know the outcome as it could others as well!

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
I also get this problem. In fact it has been affecting our whole company since we started using WR. We're using v8.0.8.88

It mainly occurrs when connected to a remote machine when using LogmeinCentral. Keystrokes can be duplicated or delayed or missed completely. Turning off ID shield stops the problem.

I've spoken to support who've advised that there are known issues with Identity shield and keystoke oddities. They could not give me a date for a fix.

This is dissapointing as I think Webroot is a great product but we have no choice but to turn off a key security feature. 😞 Realyl hope a fix will come soon