Solved

Identity shield not functioning/padlock missing

• 7 October 2012
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi all,
First post in this forum, firstly I would like to start by saying that IMHO WSA is in the top tier of security solutions right now, keep it up guys.
Ok secondly...I am having a reoccurring issue with the ID shield, After the 8.0.2.14 update I had a corrupted install so reinstalled WSA and noticed no padlock, after visiting this forum and following a couple of similar threads I installed and ran the Zemana keylogger test which I failed. I noticed the ID shield settings where all turned off (from a fresh install), I tried to turn settings up but they wouldn't stick, I resolved this by resetting to defaults then turning all settings up to Max... result visible padlock and Zemana pass 😃 all's well until I noticed a few days later no padlock, I retested with Zemana and failed, so reset to default and cranked settings up, again padlock returned and passed Zemena.
Ok this is where issue becomes a problem, now I have no padlock and consistently failing the Zemana test, I have tried restarting browsers and rebooting system all to no avail. I use Waterfox and Comodo IceDragon.
Any help/assistance will be greatly appreciated,
Thanx Sparkie
icon

Best answer by sparkie 10 October 2012, 20:55

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello Sparkie and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

Could you Please contact the WSA support inbox as they can have a closer look at your issue! https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp?

Thanks,

TH
Userlevel 7
Hello Sparkie, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. 😃
Userlevel 1
Hi

Thanks for respones
Ok I will submit a ticket,
I'll keep the forum current on progress.
 Sparkie
Userlevel 7
As a minor note to check, if support hasn't already resolved your issue, please log into your account at my.webrootanywhere.com and see if the settings for your computer are User Managed or not.  If the settings are defined on the web in any way, they will override the configuration on the agent on the computer causing settings to appear as if they are not staying set.
Userlevel 1
Hi all

Am in contact with support and have uploaded logs, I was then requested to run a deep scan.
Also restored ID shield settings to default, then turned all back up to full and added a custom HTTPS page restarted the browser but still same issue.

Thanks sparkie
Userlevel 1
Hi all
RESOLVED
seems to be an issue with waterfox (my install anyway) I had run keylog test in all browsers with a fail each time.
after WSA support "made changes to our back end which should fix your issue" all is as it should be.
Thanks Sparkie
Userlevel 7
Thanks sparkie for posting that your issue was resolve by Support. 😉