Solved

Installation sequence?

• 17 December 2012
  • 7 replies

I just installed SecureAnywhere (Plus, I think, not sure) on the desktop, and before installing it on two laptops, I could use some help. 

What happened in installation was first turning off Avast! for 10 minutes, then beginning the SA installation. As the time approached 10 minutes, I figured I don't want the two AVs clash so I uninstalled Avast!

It required rebooting and as SA already installed, I thought it would be OK to do that. The computer (64-bit Windows 7) crashed, but I was able to boot again normally. 

Question: for the other installations, should I leave Avast! in operation and uninstall later, or...? Thanks in advance. 
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 17 December 2012, 05:45

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Your very Welcome! ;)

Cheers,

TH
Muchos gracias!

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Open the main GUI and Click on My Account and it will say there! https:///t5/Release-Notes/PC-Release-Notes-Version-8-0-2-79/m-p/18808#M73 also setup your My Webroot Account and you also will be able to see there.

TH
I think it's better to use one AV only, I intend to uninstall Avast after WSA is in place. 

About the level of the program, my download purchase was  Webroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security Plus 3 Device 2013 -
but I don't see that indicated in the program itself. Is there a way to check?  
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Many thanks for the speedy response, the desktop installation - after the hiccup - is fine. The question is what sequence I should follow in the new installations. Turn off Avast completely?
Yes turn off Avast then install WSA and reboot and then they should both be on and working!

TH
Many thanks for the speedy response, the desktop installation - after the hiccup - is fine. The question is what sequence I should follow in the new installations. Turn off Avast completely?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello JanosG and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

Just disable Avast again then install WSA let it finish it's scan and then reboot then you should be up and running. ;)

TH