Solved

Installed the antivirus --now synch problem with Ipad

• 16 February 2012
  • 2 replies

after the Webroot install --and scan--my computer (Lenovo Thinkpad with XP) won't recognize my Ipad when I plug it in.  Delivers defective device message,   Tried a different USB port and synch cable to no good effect
icon

Best answer by MichaelB 24 February 2012, 02:51

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello volutes99 and welcome to the Webroot Community Forums! Now did you do a reboot after installation if not please do and try to syc up again!

HTH,

TH
Userlevel 3
Another good way to test to see if Webroot is cuasing the issue is to shut down the program. If the program is shut down and the issue is still occurring then the issue should be be occurring becuase of the Webroot software. To test, please follow the steps below.

1. Right click on the system tray icon for Webroot (Down by your computers time)
2. Choose "Shut down"
3. Put in either the characters or your password if you set one up

Once the icon is gone from the system tray that means Webroot is shut down and cannot affect the computer any longer. So now you can test to see if you are having the same issue.

If the issue goes away after shutting down the Webroot software that is something we are going to need to get more information on. You can send our support team an email regarding the issue and we can start to help you troubleshoot the issue. Below is the steps to send us an email.

1. Open Webroot SecureAnywhere
2. Go to "Help & Support"
3. Go to "Open A Support Ticket" under "Product Support"

MichaelB 😃