After installing, I canot access internet. (Internet explorer has stopped working ... blah blah error msg)
Disable all IE plug ins. No luck.
From a cmd prompt: Ping well known sites such as google.com or cnn.com: fail
Ping their IP, in case it is DNS related: fail
Access shared drives on LAN, open files, etc.: *success!* (So, it seems to be IP stack related)
Disable SAAV: does not fix
Uninstall SAAV: does not fix
Restore system prior to installation of SAAV: everything back to normal.
After that, I updated windows to very latest updates and created a restore point.
Everything still fine.
Install SAAV: problem is back.
Again, disable or uninstall SAAV does not solve the problem (** the fact that uninstalling does not fix it is very annoying)
Restore to that new restore point: everything is fine.
This system runs Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, and I'm using IE 8.
SAAV runs fine on two other similar system of mine (Win 7 Pro 64 desktop and Win Home Pro 64 laptop)
There is a main difference though. The system that fails runs 2 parental controls programs, in addition to windows parental control enabled on my kids accounts.
Net Nanny & TimesUpKidz
I did not investigate if SAAV would not cause any issue if I would disable/uninstall those two apps, because removing them from that computer is not an option.
The problem is occuring even when connecting with administrator account, for which the above two program are not doing any filtering (though, I understand the software low level hooks are in place, and that could be suficient to create a conflict with SAAV)
Thought I would post this information so others with similar issue could find this.
I have no stronger evidence that the above 2 programs are indeed conflicting with SAAV.
Searching those keywords on webroot site did not bring anything.
Googling with those keywords & "webroot antivirus conflict" did not bring anything obvious.
Reverted back to MSE on that system for now.
SAAV still performing its duty on my other 2 systems.
Best answer by YegorPView original