Solved

invalid e-mail when trying to access webroot from browsers

Userlevel 3
I keep getting  the message invalid e-mail when trying to access webroot password manager or filtering extension from one of my browsers (google chrome especially ). When I access webroot from the main  panel. I can get in with no problem. Is this a windows 10 glitch ?? Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 10 April 2016, 20:55

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi chisbabes

Do you get a specific error message in relation to this,and if so then please ad vise as to which one it is? ALso, have you set up your online console (HERE) and if not then please post back for instructions on how to do that if you need them.

EDIT: I note that you posted about a week ago (see HERE) in relation to what appears to be the same or a similar problem...did you try out the advice provided by Sherry? And if so did that work or if not then what was the result?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 3
yes I have set up the console & it works fine. I just got the windows 10 & am still working my way  around but did try Sherry's suggestion but I never got that screen that she showed so I dont know if it actually downloaded. The exact notice I get says unknown e-mail address. I am sorry I tried to find Sherry's earlier response but did not find it till today.
Userlevel 7
No worries, chisbabes, the 'screen' you mention not finding is because you need to download the utility...you can do so from HERE and all you need to do is to click on the downloaded file to run the utility.

Userlevel 3
ok I did that but but know what do i do ? thanks
Userlevel 7
OK, so you downloaded the utility, located it on disk and double clicked it to run it as per Sherry's instruction...and as a result there was no change? 
Userlevel 3
no , no change. I even restarted the computer. as long as its not a security issue , I am just going to leave it alone.
Userlevel 7
OK, it is not a security issue per se...but can I just check as to which version of WSA you are actually running/have a subscription for?
Userlevel 3
yes its Version 9.0.8.72, Internet security plus
Userlevel 7
Ah, OK...it is just that you are posting in the Antivirus Forum... and the AV version does not have the Password Manager feature...so for a moment I thought that I may have overlooked something. ;)

I think that the Support route is best approach but before doing that would you log into the web console and click on your email address (top right hand corner of the page) and click on 'Manage Users'. On the 'Manage Users' page find your record and check what is recorded under the column headed 'Password'. If that is not 'Access' then that is the issue and if you can you should click on the icon on the very far right of the record (looks like a person with a pencil superimposed on them) to edit the record.

If you can edit the record click on the 'Access & Permissions' tab on the next page displayed and see if you can change the value recorded against the 'Services' literal; it should say 'Passwords' and have a check box available...if you have access to the check box then check in and then click on 'Save Access & Permissions' button.

If you manage to carry out the above then try to access the Password Manager again...and let us know what gives.

If this does not work then I would suggest that the Support option is your best course of action going forward.

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 3
Thank you so much Baldrick. I wasnt sure at first which place to post. I will try your suggestions & let you know what happens. Many thanks again !!
Userlevel 7
You are most welcome, chisbabes.

Will await your update to see how things are going for you, and whether the Support Team have managed to sort things out for you if what I have suggested does not pan out.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 3
Thank you very much Baldrick. It now works. If you could be so kind to direct me to the message that was posted about the webroot & windows firewall being turned off I am having the same issue but cant seem to find the post about how to correct it. I really appreciate your help. Many thanks again !!
Userlevel 7
Hi chisbabes

That is great news...sorry that I did not think of that earlier...sometimes one just forgets the obvious...LOL. :$

In terms of the issue about "webroot & windows firewal being turned off"; are you getting notifications from Windows that WSA is not recognised/protecting your system? If that is what you are referring to then I can advise that there should be a fix for this issued shortly...the latestbeta version is being tested by some of us and so far the results are very promising...but of course we need to await the official release. ;)

If the issue that you are referring to is not the above then please provide more detail as to the issue and I will see if I can find what you are looking for.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 3
no it dosent say its not protected, just that they are turned off, but when I check them they are all on. Someone else asked this question and was told that its a windows 10 glitch , but they were working on it & not to worry that the software was protecting you. they also listed a way to turn off the messages, but I cant find the thread now.
Userlevel 7
Ah, OK, thanks for precising...I think that THIS is the thread that you are referring to/looking for. ;)

If not then post back and I will search further.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 3
yep thats the one, but as i was reading further it said you must enable the settings again once an update has been released. Since I never remember those things I will probably leave as is for now. I appreciate all your help today Baldrick. Thank you ever so much 🙂
Userlevel 7
Hi chisbabes

Once again, you are very welcome...:D

Regards, Baldrick