Solved

Is Microsoft Edge protected by webroot?

Userlevel 1
Are there any issues with Webroot and Microsoft Edge?  I am not certain which browser to make as my default.
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 31 August 2017, 19:01

View original

37 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi jreddoch

Yes, it may be that you and the other member have a configuration that is somewhat unusual? Support is now involved and you have obviously piqued their interest in this so hopefully they will do their usuall sterling job in terms of diagnosing & resolvingthe issue for you.

Please let us know what they come back to you with and what the final outcome is.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I don't have an ETA of when we'll be on Edge. I know we still plan to, and my understanding is that Microsoft is working with partners individually to start with. So it all depends where we are in the Microsoft queue for approval to start migrating our extension to their platform.
Userlevel 4
Thanks for the information!

Is your advice for customers to use other browsers than Edge to get maximum protection from Webroot?
Userlevel 7
Cheers, Nic...for the update. Good to have the low down. Hopefully it will not take too long to have this sorted. But better that time is taken and that it is right rather than rushed and potentially causes issues. ;)

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:

Is your advice for customers to use other browsers than Edge to get maximum protection from Webroot?
If you're wanting the checkmarks next to sites, then yes.   
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

If you're wanting the checkmarks next to sites, then yes.   
I don't see any checkmarks? But I know if you go to a bad Web Site it will be blocked in Edge.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=63&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjm2u6eovvOAhUBOhoKHc38Az04PBAWCCgwAg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fapkfullpro.net%2Fwebroot-security-premier-v3-6-0-6643%2F&usg=AFQjCNH_cFQ0DlBhGQb6t2qzPk6XHWbcSw&sig2=1ZGRTe0XNJloL9undXPewQ&bvm=bv.131783435,d.ZGg

??
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yep, that's what you'll get on Edge. So if you're ok without having the checkmarks for now then continue to use Edge, but if you can't live without them then use Chrome or FF in the meantime.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Yep, that's what you'll get on Edge. So if you're ok without having the checkmarks for now then continue to use Edge, but if you can't live without them then use Chrome or FF in the meantime.
Yes as Edge doesn't support the Web Filter Extension still at this time but the Web Filter Driver is active for all Windows 10 users using Edge and not just us Beta testers and again the Web Filter driver is only active for Edge not any other Browsers for all but it is active to Beta testers.
Userlevel 4
You are indeed correct! Sites with malware are blocked even if the extension isn't there in Edge.

However, Webroot official states their product isn't officially supporting Edge. That's why I'm staying away from Edge at the moment. That and the fact that adding Edge to Identity Shield breaks the keyboard in Edge.

Thank you for all your feedback!

shadek
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
You are indeed correct! Sites with malware are blocked even if the extension isn't there in Edge.

However, Webroot official states their product isn't officially supporting Edge. That's why I'm staying away from Edge at the moment. That and the fact that adding Edge to Identity Shield breaks the keyboard in Edge.

Thank you for all your feedback!

shadek
Sure thing as I have been testing WSA with Edge even though it's not my main Browser! Also you must Manually add Edge in Identity Shield as well and it will be protected now for the last while. https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/Is-Microsoft-Edge-protected-by-webroot/m-p/249267#M24773 the only thing missing is the search annotations but it is fully protected if one does the manual additions in ID Shield. Can you explain a bit more as to the Keyboard issue as is it a touch screen as I use it on my Laptop and I don't have a touch screen so I can't test that.

Cheers,

Daniel 😉
I got that issue too. However when I add the protect function for MicrosoftEdge.exe, Edge works fine. Sometimes a little glitch but i can type after waiting for a samll bit or restart Edge. Its when i add the MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe is when my keyboard stops working on the url part. What's the difference between the two and will Webroot still protect Edge if I only add the MicrosoftEdge.exe portion rather thant the MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I got that issue too. However when I add the protect function for MicrosoftEdge.exe, Edge works fine. Sometimes a little glitch but i can type after waiting for a samll bit or restart Edge. Its when i add the MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe is when my keyboard stops working on the url part. What's the difference between the two and will Webroot still protect Edge if I only add the MicrosoftEdge.exe portion rather thant the MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe?
Yes Webroot knows of those issues so at this time Microsoft Edge is still not supported at this time by Webroot SecureAnywhere.

Thanks,

Daniel