is my webroot working with window 10

• 2 August 2015
  • 1 reply

is my webroot antivirus working with windows 10  ?  it seems im only running windows definder

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi blockman1

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If you are looking in the Action Centre or Windows 10 equivalent and not seeing WSA listed as covering you for spyware and/or malware/viruses then this is most likely due to the fact that Windows Defender is running on your system.

Firstly, if the WSA 'W in a circle' icon is sitting in your notification area and is GREEN then WSA is up an running and protecting you. If not then post back with the colour of the icon and we will try to determine what the issue is.

Secondly, I suspect that the Action Centre or Windows 10 equivalent will continue to report as it is until you disable Windows Defender.  Whether you need to run both WSA and Denfender is a moot point and to be honest my view is that the answer to that is 'No' as WSA far outperforms Defender, so Defender is just adding drag to the system. But some like to keep it as a further layer of protection.  As I said the choice is yours.

If interested in knowing what you need to do to turn Defender off in Windows 10 please see this previous thread on the topic.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick