Solved

is there a fix for "Check virus protection" message?

• 2 March 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
I am running Windows 10 Pro, fully patched, and every now and then Windows Security shows that my AV is turned off. I looked through the forums and see where this was an issue from years ago, and that Webroot is actually still running when I get this message. I am running Webroot 9.0.24.49.

Can anyone confirm that Webroot is truly functioning when this alert occurs?

Is there a real fix for this issue?

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 2 March 2019, 19:03

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Hello @jgranto

One thing we can try is do a clean reinstall of WSA and that could reset Windows Security notification straight?

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
This seemed to resolve the issue for a bit, but it has reappeared. This would seem to be a bug of some sort. I am using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit patched 100% current. Webroot is still 9.0.24.49.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
This seemed to resolve the issue for a bit, but it has reappeared. This would seem to be a bug of some sort. I am using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit patched 100% current. Webroot is still 9.0.24.49.
Can you please Submit a Support Ticket and ask them to look into it! But I don't think it has anything to do with WSA but rather Windows Security Center but I don't see this issue on my systems.

Thanks,
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
I opened a support ticket and received this:

"We appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. The Webroot Development team has been notified of this issue and is currently working on a resolution.

We expect to address this issue in an upcoming software version release, which will be downloaded automatically to your computer and installed when it is available.

Please note that Webroot SecureAnywhere is functioning properly and it is protecting your device as expected. "

So, there you have it. Thanks, everyone!