Is Webroot capable of handling w32.trojan.gen?.

• 12 November 2014
  • 17 replies

Ran a scan, it detected the virus, quarantined it but still having issues. Ran another scan detected the virus again. computer running very slow. Plz help

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

It's best if you Submit a Support Ticket and they will help you free of charge with your paid subscription and please don't use any other Anti-Malware tools as WSA has the ability to rollback to the pre-infection state.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Better buy another antivirus... webroot is far away of delivering what promises!! First  I am suppossed not be infected because I have real time protection and firewall BLA BLA BLA BS... I got win32.trojan.gen because the inability of webroot to protect me in real time, now webrrot is unable to clean my notebook and kill the virus, and nopbody answer my complain for over 10 hours now (online chat help? LOLLLLLLLLLLLL).  As I have no help from weroot I am looking for other alternatives. I will  cancel my automatic renewal and spread this all over.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Can you Submit a Support Ticket like I suggested to the OP? Also have a look at this short video and don't worry! https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-Education/What-Happens-if-Webroot-quot-Misses-quot-a-Virus/ta-p/10202 and during this time WSA is still protecting you as the infected has limited access to your system sort of a sandbox so your Data it still safe! Learn more see video below!

Thanks,

Daniel ;)

if you are talking to me... I opened a ticked like 15 hours ago, and nobody cares... now I have another trojan making a party in my notebook thanks to the service of webroot, so I should not worry and trust your words that the virsu has limited access etc, well webroot told to me that I was safe before, fully protected, and I was not. Your antivirus is any better than the other, and your service is even worst.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Can you please tone it down a bit and can you send me your email you used for the ticket & keycode via personal message and I will get someone on it! Send me a PM

Thanks,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Hi dontbuythis

And excuse me for asking this but have you run a scan of your system?  And if so then what was the result?

May I ask how you know that you have viruses and trojans on your system?  If you are complaining that WSA has not detected them and/or dealt with them what is it that has told you that they are present?  What are the symptoms that you are basing your assertion on?

It is possible that you are infact seeing what we call PUAs or Potentially Unwanted Applications; non-malware programs that are adware based and generally make a nuisance of themselves via popups, etc.  If that is the case then we can offer advice as to what you can do to deal with these; does not always work and you may need SUpport's help but always worth a try.

Regards, Baldrick
Webroot itself is telling me that I have win32.trojan.gen and win32.LocalInfect.2  but is unable to clean my computer.  FUNNY THING at the same time I have a result of a scan telling me that NO THREATS FOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Userlevel 7
OK, thanks...that is a start.  :D

But if Webroot is telling you that you have win32.trojan.gen & win32.LocalInfect.2, and you have the results of a scan that say NO TREATS FOUND...how can that be...it must be either one or the other.  Which came first...the specific trojan notificaiton or the NO THREAT FOUND?

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Can you please view Quarantine to see if you see some removed files http://www.webroot.com/En_US/SecureAnywhere/PC/WSA_PC_Help.htm#C5_Quarantine/CH5a_ManagingQuarantine.htm

Thanks,

Daniel
Since yestarday is the same, I do a scan and ends telling me that no threads found, and then a small windows appears telling me I am infected.
Yes, quarentine is full of s.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I have sent in a request via my contacts. But it looks like WSA cleaned it up after all.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Not my notebook. I run another scan now and I have  win32.LocalInfect.2  and win32.trojan.gen as webroot separate windows showed to me, even if at the end of the scan says that no threadsa were found!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Not my notebook. I run another scan now and I have  win32.LocalInfect.2
Well just wait till Webroot Support contacts you!

Thanks,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Someone should be looking into it for you as I got a reply so check your email!

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Yes, I got the call, and I appreciate it. I wish I could say that the problem was solved, but after we shutted down the communication, the trojans appeared again as if we did nothing. Looks like this is more complicated than we thought!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Yes, I got the call, and I appreciate it. I wish I could say that the problem was solved, but after we shutted down the communication, the trojans appeared again as if we did nothing. Looks like this is more complicated than we thought!
Well contact them again until it's sorted as something sounds very odd in this case.

Daniel