Is Webroot really scanning my computer?

• 19 November 2013
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5
I have Webroot set to scan my computer on a 24 hr schedule, each day at bootup, and as a quick scan -- or, essentially, every box is checked on the Scheduler and every box is checked on the Scan Settings.  At no time has my "scan" ever exceeded 4 minutes.  Not even when I perform a manual, deep-scan, and out of schedule.

This morning approximately 20 minutes after bootup, Webroot performed the scheduled, quick scan in 4 seconds.

That seemed extraordinary to me. 

I then performed a manual scan without resetting anything.  That quick scan took 1 minute and 42 seconds.

My question is: Why would the pre-scheduled, quick scan be only 4 seconds and why would a manual quick scan immediately after that be 1 minute and 42 seconds and why would my average scan-time over the previous 3 months never exceed 4 minutes?

Outside of the above, Webroot seems to feel that my computer is safe, has always been safe, and has never felt a threat.

If everything is working correctly, I am a very happy consumer.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello DavidCash, and welcome to the Webroot Community! This area is for posting New Ideas/suggestions, but not to worry. It sounds like everything is probably fine, and what you saw was just a random occurance. It is reccommended to use Deep rather than Quick scans. Some info: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/The-difference-between-a-deep-scan-and-a-full-scan/ta-p/6476 https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-Education/How-to-Use-and-Configure-Scans/ta-p/21494
Userlevel 1
Badge +5
Thanks for the link, Dermot7.  I failed to understand the posting of a query and eventually saw the word NEW so I selected that one.  That's how I got here.  After posting, I poked around some more and eventually found other places which seemed more appropriate, and which actually had the words: "new message".  Thanks again.