Solved

is webroot secure anywere av compatible whith toolwiz time freeze

Userlevel 2
Hi i like webroot but i use a virtualization software who dont start whith Windows to test soft . My virtualization soft are calles toolwiz time freeze and want to know of are incompatible whith webroot?
icon

Best answer by Petrovic 5 April 2014, 07:49

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello aktiffk and welcome to the Webroot Community!

I am not sure, though in most cases if it isn't out of the box compatible either suggestions here on the Community or Webroot Support can usually manage to fix any compatibility issues.

Have you tried a Webroot Free Trial to test it out yourself?

Userlevel 2
I know toolwiz was compatible whith bitdefender and panda Cloud but never try whith webroot but of some one lnow something please tell thanks david
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Hello aktiffk and welcome to the Webroot Community!

Win 8 x64
Works without problems

screenshots

Thank you
Petr.

Userlevel 7
Hi aktiffk!

Welcome to the Webroot Community!

@ wrote:

Win 8 x64
Works without problems

I can fully confirm that from my part.

I've been using Toolwiz Time Freeze with WSA some time ago and didn't notice issues caused by incompatibility.
SecureAnywhere is also compatible with other solutions based on virtualisation, however in my opinion it's always worth adding WSA to "exclusions" from freezing (if only there is a such chance).

Thanks Petr!:D

Regards,

Mike
Userlevel 2
Thanks you very much to you to test it for me i must tell you i dont hace words to expresa my gratitude and thanks for the welcome i work on research instituye and use rare software who sometimes broke the pc and now whith toolwiz can use it and whith webroot feel protected i hace some cuestiona to other topic but for now is enough my pc thanks too

i dont know if are good idea use avast while i habituate webroot avast is so buggy and dont want conflicts whith 3 softwares (webroot toolwiz and avast) but as i say that other topic kudos for all
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Thanks
Please feel free to ask any further questions you might have.

Petr
Userlevel 7
Hello aktiffk and welcome to the Webroot Community!  http://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/sBo_reflection.gifhttp://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/sBo_reflection.gifhttp://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/sBo_reflection.gifhttp://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/sBo_reflection.gif

Glad to see that you have the result that you were looking for.  As for your other questions...just remember the Community is always there and there will usually be someone online who may either have the answer(s) or know which member might and so can pass you along to them if needs be.

Have a great weekend.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 2
Ok i will use the combination webroot toolwiz but if you Or somebidy test that two soft and avast tell me please kudo
Userlevel 7
Hi aktiffk

Just to clarify, in case you did not know this...but WSA is designed to complement/work with  other security apps such as Avast, or to be used on its own.  It is the user's choice as to whether they wan to run it alone  or with another security application...in a layered approach to security.

Whilst Avast may be, as you say, buggy...WSA should not compromise whatever stability you have when also running Avast.

However, as I said before, you can safely, and many do, just run WSA as your mainstream security app...and you will be very well protected.

Hope that helps?

Regards

Baldrick..
Userlevel 7
You are welcome aktiffk! :D
I hope you will stay with us for longer :D

@ wrote:

i dont know if are good idea use avast while i habituate webroot avast is so buggy and dont want conflicts whith 3 softwares (webroot toolwiz and avast) but as i say that other topic kudos for all
WSA is compatible with the most of AV solutions and this is unquestionable and great advantage of Webroot.
I've been using WSA in different combos with many more or less known AVs including Avast.
However, I think that there would be no need for adding any other security solutions.
From a few months WSA stands alone on my defense line and my laptops remain free of malware and threats.
Just try using Webroot and you will find out how magnificent SecureAnywhere is ;)

Best wishes,

Mike
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Add:
New version toolwiz time freeze protects only the system drive (C)

I recommend using WSA + ToolWiz (if necessary)
Avast is unnecessary and can cause problems
Userlevel 2
Yes maybe wait to see that combination i know webroot works whith others like toolwiz and i think works well whith avast but no one guarantee avast works whith toolwiz i will investigate and put my result here of nobody do that before you are so activity
Userlevel 7
Hi aktiffk

Whilst that would be very useful for Community members :D may I just humbly remind that this forum is devoted to WSA Antivirus and therefore any such results should really be posted in a new thread in the Techie Forum, with perhaps a link to the new thread place in this thread so that interested users can be directed to the right place.

Also, regardless of how good ToolWiz is, if undertaking such testing it is always recommended to have a recent full image of your system...just in case something goes wrong with the testing.  Having that handy will save you a lot of time and effort...should the worst happen (but hopefully will not). ;)

Hope that helps too?

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
 I recommend using WSA + ToolWiz (if necessary) 
IMO this is a very good proposal.
Having your OS and apps updated with this security combination you should feel safe enough.  
@ wrote:
i will investigate and put my result here of nobody do that before you are so activity
Feel free to share your thoughts, we are always curious and it might be helpfull to the others.

Regards,

Mike
Userlevel 2
What IMO means in spanosh Or englissh?
Userlevel 7
IMO = In my opinion
Userlevel 2
Webroot Works fine woht timewiz but whith avast hace conflicts