Keep getting a pop saying "your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded"

• 4 January 2015
  • 1 reply

Keep getting a pop saying "your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded"... I haven't seen this before. I've been able to download up until now. Also my computer has started to run slow since i started getting this pop up.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi deeds876

Welcome to the Community Forums.

There is some debate as to the source of this message so best place to start is to check on what you are trying to download. If it is something like Adobe Reader, Shockwave Player, etc, then please make sure that you are downloading for the author's website, i.e., http://www.adobe.com/ rather than from a 3rd party site. Same goes for any download.

If that does not solve the issue for you then please check in the following three locations within WSA

1. PC Security > Quarantine > Detection Configuration
2. Identity & Privacy > Protected Applications
3. System Tools > System Control > Control Active Processes

in case the file that you are trying to download or a component of it may have been set to "Protect/Monitor," or "Block/Deny?".

For more information on these features, what they do, the various settings avaialble and considerations to be made before changing settings, etc., please see this KB article.

Give the above a go and please do come back to advise as to whether this has helped, and if not then we will look for a Plan B for you.

Regards, Baldrick