Solved

Last Pass

• 28 March 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7
I log into WebRoot Password Manager, preparing to move my password "vault" to a different app. And in the midst of clicking back and forth between pages, suddenly "LastPass..." comes up. WTH!? I ask myself. Turns out to be a coincidence in timing? I distrust coincidences. So I am here to ask WTH is going on?

I want/need to take down my Password Manager content, now. It has been imported to DashLane. But for some damned reason I can't log into LastPass; neither of my master passwords work. And not my account has been "temporarily suspended" because I tried too many times.

How do I work around this, so I can take down my redundant password manager account?
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 29 March 2019, 15:57

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7
And now my account has been "temporarily suspended" because I tried too many times.

(NOW; not, "not my account"; where's the editing feature?)

Okay, sleeping on it, I decided to check to see if I could find my password vault contents. I logged in this morning and the option "reclaim your account" is on the front page. It means my community account; which is weird, since I am already logged in, ergo I have an account. And here I am adding to my topic, so clearly I am active.

It couldn't be saying, "reclaim your password manager account/contents"; because Webroot assured me that when I deleted the vault it no longer exists anywhere. But that is what I am checking to confirm. So far, so good. I don't see any trace of the vault (the only place in cyberspace where my passwords are supposed to exist now is at Dashlane; oh, and of course on my computer). But I am leery to say the least.

I guess I should explain that after the OP, I did, finally, manage to log into my "LastPass" (formerly Password Manager) and kill everything; heh, it asks, "Are you really sure you want to delete Webroot Password Manager?" I felt like I was in an old Red Goose Shoes commercial (showing my age, I reckon). I said YES, and did the final click and everything looked gone.

The log in problem was all of my own making: I had deleted the Webroot extension icon from Chrome (prematurely 🙄), and of course I had problems getting it back on so I could log in. But I finally managed to get the Webroot extension back up, just long enough to remove everything.

Now I am just trying to determine that nothing over here remains of my Webroot presence, passwords wise. I intend to remain a community member. For all the difference that'll make.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@MerlintheMad sorry your having issues and it's been suggested that anyone with these issues to contact Webroot Support! Webroot Customer Service

Thanks,
Userlevel 3
Badge +7
@MerlintheMad sorry your having issues and it's been suggested that anyone with these issues to contact Webroot Support! Webroot Customer Service
Thanks,

Tired just now to get into customer support, and it doesn't recognize or accept my community password. I logged in here okay, but can't use the same password to get to customer suppport. Hmm...?
Userlevel 7
Badge +63

@MerlintheMad sorry your having issues and it's been suggested that anyone with these issues to contact Webroot Support! Webroot Customer ServiceThanks,Tired just now to get into customer support, and it doesn't recognize or accept my community password. I logged in here okay, but can't use the same password to get to customer suppport. Hmm...?

Just start a new Ticket and I can have @LLiddell look into it for you.
Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@MerlintheMad sorry your having issues and it's been suggested that anyone with these issues to contact Webroot Support! Webroot Customer ServiceThanks,Tired just now to get into customer support, and it doesn't recognize or accept my community password. I logged in here okay, but can't use the same password to get to customer suppport. Hmm...?

Could you please point to where I start tickets? I'm still a bit lost around here. 😛
Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Could you please point to where I start tickets? I'm still a bit lost around here. 😛

Webroot Customer Service

It's not part of the Community it's direct to Webroot Support!
Userlevel 3
Badge +7
Thanks! I've left my query there. This has been a good solution to getting to the bottom of my concerns.