Solved

Linux version of Webroot SecureAnywhere

Userlevel 1
As far as I can tell there have been 6 requests for a Linux version of Webroot SecureAnywhere posted in Ideas Exchange but there is no hint of anything being developed along these lines. Are we to take it that this is just not on the radar?
There seems at the moment to be only one other product which offers realtime protection for (in my case) Ubuntu - ESET - and that requires some fiddling and contortions to get it working with the latest systemd which appeared in Ubuntu 15.04. I would rather be using the same AV product across all our household machines - Windows and Linux.
Is any Linux development likely to happen - or does it look completely non-viable from a commercial perspective?
icon

Best answer by DanP 8 July 2015, 17:18

@ wrote:
As far as I can tell there have been 6 requests for a Linux version of Webroot SecureAnywhere posted in Ideas Exchange but there is no hint of anything being developed along these lines. Are we to take it that this is just not on the radar?
There seems at the moment to be only one other product which offers realtime protection for (in my case) Ubuntu - ESET - and that requires some fiddling and contortions to get it working with the latest systemd which appeared in Ubuntu 15.04. I would rather be using the same AV product across all our household machines - Windows and Linux.
Is any Linux development likely to happen - or does it look completely non-viable from a commercial perspective?
A Linux version is being looked into and there has been some POC development done, so the requests are being considered. That's about all I can say regarding a Linux version.

-Dan
View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +32
@ wrote:
A Linux version is being looked into and there has been some POC development done, so the requests are being considered. That's about all I can say regarding a Linux version.

-Dan
Userlevel 4
Badge +12
I agree with the request. Since Android is being supported, would it be that hard to implement Linux?

In my business we are finding more and more the need to support Linux, as well as Windows, Mac OS, IOS, and Android.

@ wrote:
@ wrote:

-Dan
Im glad to hear that you are considering a Linux version. Will you be able to notify the Webroot community if/when the Linux version is released?
Userlevel 7
Badge +32
@ wrote:
Im glad to hear that you are considering a Linux version. Will you be able to notify the Webroot community if/when the Linux version is released?

I would imagine there would be quite a buzz on the community if/when a Linux version is released, yes.

-Dan
Userlevel 5
Hi.

is there any news updates about Linux version of SecureAnywhere?

maybe ? have some news from last 4 months?
I complete agree with this request.  Linux is quickly becoming very popular.  Thus, the chances of being attacked are also increasing.  If you can create an Android version, then it shouldn't be too hard to create a Linux version.
+1 on the idea of porting the program to Linux. This is my last year of support under Webroot, and would love to see a client before my subscription ends, otherwise I may need to look at an alternate application, as my core operating environment has been Linux as of late.

I think the application is great and works well, and would like to see that level of protection on my many other Linux based systems. I can understand that it may not be a priority, but this will certainly be a key consideration for me when my renewal time comes up.
Userlevel 6
Badge +24
This is an old thread, but is now relevant to me as I have inherited a site with a linux client.  Is there any news on having a Webroot Linux client?
Userlevel 7
@ it's something I've been interested in ever since I started here but unfortunately there's no new news to share...?
Userlevel 1
Hi Dan,

Great to know, is it possible to participate in testing phase?

Using Ubuntu here

Userlevel 7
There are no current plans to support Linux, @
Badge +1
TR_tr
Merhabalar,
Webroot rakipleri
(ESET NOD32, Kaspersky, Comondo, F-PROT, BitDefender, Avast, Sophos vb...)
PARDUS Linux (DEBIAN 64bit) destekliyor.

Soru:
Webroot bu gelişim sürecine ne zaman uyum sağlayacaktır?

Ümüt DEMİR
Ankara / TURKEY