Login complete failure?

• 19 April 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

This is insane. 

I got an email with automatic payment for renewal processed, keycode, and instructions.

I tried logging in via the email My Account link. I also tried the My Account link in Webroot itself. They don’t work. Tells me incorrect password. Nonsense. I tried “forgot password.” It says look in your email. Nothing is sent, not even to spam folder. I’m absolutely sure of my credentials. They’re saved offline. I can’t reach anyone through the now ubiquitous, stupid, irrelevant thousand options computerized front end answering service. This is my second attempt to post in the community. The posts don’t get processed. I am on Chrome and I turned off all my browser extensions. As you must know, when a post doesn’t process and you try again for whatever reason the page gets wiped out.

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Best to liaise directly with the support team - https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

Thanks, I did finally get to the link for logging in to the Webroot support directly. You know that Carbonite bought them. Any attempt to get support took me into the Carbonite support process. They’re not able or ready to support the product they bought out. I’m now finally with Webroot support.

I have exactly the same problems and to add to my misery, I have received another subscription renewal request today, even though I renewed several days ago. I still cant login in to the original portal or the Carbonite portal, I don't receive a password reset email request and I have failed miserably to get anyone to respond from either support team.

If you do happen to make any progress on this one, would you please let me know and I will do the same.?

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

@Badgeman Support found your ticket and have responded

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Tyler,  Was this part of the major snafu Webroot has with the licensing servers a shot while back? I remember license saying they expired when they had not. I wonder if that triggered some renewal notices?

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

I was so happy with Webroot for so many years. Carbonite? They’re off to a pretty bad start.