Mac Workstations Not Checking Into GSM Portal

• 13 February 2019
  • 6 replies

Badge +1
We are currently experiencing issues when deploying to Macs where they don't check into the GSM portal. Has anyone else had similar issues and is aware of a fix? Once installed and a scan has run we will run sudo /usr/local/bin/WSDaemon -poll from terminal but the Mac still doesn't turn up.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31
@AdamCMorgan

Amongst other examples, I've seen installation scripts repeatedly remove / install WSA for Mac , others that do not check for WSA for Mac being installed and then try to install again over the top of the existing installation , rather than consider at what is needed and then tweak a script to meet that need. That's what I mean by environmental factors.

In general, I'd advise that an install script checks for WSA for Mac and only installs if it is not there. WSA for Mac can take care of upgrades itself whenever there is a new release.

If WSA for Mac requires re-installing, for whatever reason, I'd have a separate script. That script should run these commands to ensure WSA for Mac is gone before installing again

code:
sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.webroot.security.mac.plist 
sudo rm /usr/local/bin/WSDaemon
sudo rm -rf /Applications/Webroot SecureAnywhere.app/

Hope that helps

Jonathan
Userlevel 4
Badge +16
I was going to suggest whitelisting the Webroot FQDN's in any content filter or gateway-antivirus services or appliances you're using: with Sonicwalls, we've seen that cause problems very selectively: for example, 10 machines at an office report to GSM fine but one doesn't.

@JGiffard First I've heard of adjusting install scripts for environmental factors. Can you provide any details on that?
Userlevel 7
Badge +31
Absolutely get a support request open with us so that we can investigate and figure out what's going on.

In many cases, a manual installation, rather than using automated scripts, has worked well. We've noticed that the generic scripts often need adjustment for environment factors.

Jonathan
Badge +1
I ended up opening a ticket and getting instructions to use terminal to force the uninstall. My end-users have elected to not reinstall.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
I will ping a couple Webroot staff for you: @LLiddell @JGiffard

HTH,
Badge +1
I too am having this issue. Two new installs, one on osX 10.14.2, the other on 10.14.3. Neither are checking in, both users are reporting issues with their Mac's since install and neither can uninstall. Is there a fix or do I need to open support tickets for each? My installs were pushed out via my PSA: Autotask/Centrastage.