Solved

malware help!!

• 6 March 2013
  • 3 replies

Anyone heard of InfoAtom.com? it seems to be a malware, as I surf I randomly get a pop-up from them accompnied by a "special offer" if I take a survey. needless to say i refuse to do it yet it keeps happening. plenty of advise to remove it when I google it but no real solutions. please help. I have SecureAnywhere installed but it doesn't find InfoAtoms.
icon

Best answer by JimM 6 March 2013, 18:03

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi schugeorge, and welcome to the Community!

As this is a suspected malware infection, you must Submit a Trouble Ticket  The https:///t5/Community-Guidelines-please-read/Experiencing-a-Webroot-Issue-Start-here/td-p/17460 specify that possible infections must be reported that way as the level of help is generally beyond what can be given here.

Userlevel 7
This may be merely an unwanted program rather than actual malware. InfoAtoms, to the best of my knowledge, can actually be removed via "Add & Remove Programs" or "Programs & Features" in Windows, depending on the version of Windows you're running.

To uninstall a program:
In XP, the path is Start > Control Panel > Add & Remove Programs
Vista and Win7 is Start > Control Panel > Programs & Features
Win8 is Right-click your Start background > All Apps > Right-click the app you want to remove > Uninstall

I hope this helps.  If not, please follow up via the support system as David suggested.
hey all, thanks for the help...yes, it was as simple as remove programs..silly me.no problems since...