Malware was detected by my Windows system but not by Webroot after installation and scanning. Help!?

• 19 April 2015
  • 1 reply

My old PC subscription expired and before I could renew my Windows security detected malware. I was advised to download Webroot, so I purchased it and allowed it to scan my computer. Webroot detected nothing on my computer. I am unable to select a deeper scan type or category to further check my files. In turn, I am panicking because I feel that some type of malware is on my computer undetected. Is there another scanning option available or another option for a deeper review of what was detected on my computer?

Thank you, 

Font

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi Font

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Whilst the normal scan that WSA runs should be perfectly fine in terms of detecting hideden malware if you do want to undertake a deeper scan the  all you need to do is to click on the gear/cog symbol to the right of the PC Security tabe and in the panel displayed click on the 'Custom scan' button on the lefthand side.  That will open up more granular scan options that you can select as you feel is appropriate.

For more detailed guidance on this pelase see the relevant page from the online help text (here).

I should also point out that if WSA is not finding anything then you are most likely OK  as in comparison with the Windows security products it is considered as being far superior. And, in addition, WSA's realtime protection will jump in and block deal with dormant threats (that may be missed by some scanners) as and when they become active

Please do try out the above and post back to let us know what if anything you find.

Finally, if really concerned by all of this you can Open a Support Ticket and get the Support Team to investigate this for you.  This is a free service for WSA users with a current/active subscription.

Regards, Baldrick