Solved

Microsoft Security Center not allowing Webroot to open

• 25 July 2013
  • 6 replies

I was checking my computer security and realized Webroot wasn't on. When I attempted to turn it on I received the following message: "Security Center did not trust this program because its identity can't be verified." 

Webroot won't turn on. I am not a computer expert so any suggestions will need to be explained fully.

I am runnning Vista with Webroot Anti-virus I purchased back in Feb 2013.

Thanks for any assistance!

Bob
icon

Best answer by grubbsrm 2 August 2013, 17:09

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello Bob and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

Have you tried to do a clean reinstall? Make sure you have a copy of your keycode as you need it during reinstall then go Here to download a fresh copy of WSA and then Uninstall WSA and reboot then install WSA and let it finish it's installation scan then check to see if that corrects the issue in Security Center also if you have any other security software running it's best to disable them..

Cheers,

Daniel 😉
Thanks for the fast response. I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes.

Bob
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Thanks for the fast response. I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes.

Bob
Please do as we like to have you running smoothly and without issues. ;)

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hi @ did the clean reinstall fix your issue?

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Sorry for the delay in getting back on this. I couldn't get to it till Monday night and it turned out to be more difficult than expected.

1. The error would not allow me to uninstall Webroot from my computer. 
2. After spending a couple of hours with Webroot technical they couldn't fix the problem.
3. I was frustrated so went to the Webroot website and clicked to re-download my purchase.
4. About halfway through I received another error.
5. I closed everything and had to reboot.
6. Upon reboot it appeared Webroot was working.
7. I tried to run a scan which was encouraging because before this Webroot wouldn't open much less try to scan.
8. Webroot would hang up at 81% and not continue.
9. Came back to it Tuesday night. I cleaned up the computer; optimize,  defrag etc... Reran the Webroot scan and it worked. No problems since then.

Not sure exactly what the problem was, how it was caused or which step or exactly how I fixed it - but it works.

Thanks for your help!

Bob 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Great to hear Bob and thanks for replying back! ;)

Cheers,

Daniel