Solved

Missing the new interface/version on one of my computers

• 21 October 2013
  • 5 replies

Hi!

I´ve installed WSA Antivirus on my PC and on my laptop (both with Windows 😎. On my PC I´ve now the new version/interface and on my laptop the old version/interface without having changed any settings on any of my computers. I don´t know why the new version is missed on my laptop.
How do I get the new version on my laptop? Checking for software updates doesn´t help, because I get the message, that I´ve already installed the newest version.
Can anybody help me please?
Thx,
Robert
icon

Best answer by umberto79 23 October 2013, 11:51

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello umberto!

It is odd that the one PC didnt update on its own, but that is OK, it is easy to fix!  Simply uninstall WSA and then re-install from a fresh download.  Use the appropriate link below in my signature for the download.  While it may not be 100% necessary, it might be a good idea to reboot the computer after uninstalling before re-installing.

This should fix it for you!
Userlevel 7
Thanks for the reply, David.

I just wanted to add that forcing an update should do the trick much faster. Click 'My Account' and then 'Check for software updates'.

If unsuccessful, please perform a clean uninstall/reinstall as suggested.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Thanks for the reply, David.

I just wanted to add that forcing an update should also do the trick. Click 'My Account' and then 'Check for software updates'.
Hi Mike I find that doesn't work at times as I had to do what David suggested on a few of my Brother's family computers to get the 2014 build as I seen on the Online Console it wasn't updated to 8.0.3.3 it was still on 8.0.2.174 and doing as you said it says it's up to date.

Daniel
Thx for your help!
I had to reinstall to get the newest version. Now I have it. Nevertheless it´s strange that WSA wasn´t able to update itself, not even by clicking on "check for software updates"......

Kind regards,
Robert

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Thx for your help!
I had to reinstall to get the newest version. Now I have it. Nevertheless it´s strange that WSA wasn´t able to update itself, not even by clicking on "check for software updates"......

Kind regards,
Robert

I agree Robert: it is a bit troubling to me.  I can easily explain those installs that did not automatically update as either a corrupt setting/file or simpe the user turned the default auto updates off, but to click the Check button and still not update could be a problem.

NOTE: The first 3 or 4 days following a new version release the "Check for Updates" may NOT work due to the rollout of the new version to all servers/users.  At this time though all users should have visibility of the 2014 version so that button should be working.