Solved

Missing Web Shield Icon

Userlevel 6
Badge +23
Hi Peeps!

Something is really getting on my nerves now so I've come to you all for a bit of advice.  For a while now I've not been seeing the little green Web Shield image next to website addresses when searching via Google.   I had come to rely on it and it's a big miss.  Everything else seems to be working as it should and the Web Shield is set to the on position so can you tell me what's going on?  
icon

Best answer by nic 5 August 2014, 17:57

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Are you using Chrome?  We have an issue where Chrome is blocking the extension due to the policy of not allowing any extensions outside of the app store.  Dev is working on getting that fixed, but in the meantime you can use an alternate browser such as Firefox.  Sorry about that.
Userlevel 6
Badge +23
Thanks Nic,

Yeah, I am using Chrome. s'pose I'm gonna have to change browsers again, I just recently changed from IE as it was throwing error messages at me all of the time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Sorry about that - give Firefox a try in the meantime, as it works better than IE and is a nice alternative to Chrome.
Userlevel 7
Hi Linda

No need, as I think that the issue should be sorted fairly soon and in any case you are well protected by WSA regardless of whether the Green Check Marks are displayed or not.  The check marks only indicate the safety of the sites but do not change the level of protection provided.

Regards

Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Very true Baldrick it still blocks bad websites if you happen to land on one and you just don't see the Web Site Classifications Green Check Marks and the other warning Icons.

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 6
Badge +23
Hi Baldrick!

Yeah, I know Webroots protection is always on but it's reasuring to have something visable that let's you know "hey! Linda! it's OK, we've just checked this site for you and it's fine so yeah, go ahead and have a peek!  ;) "  Know what I mean?!
Userlevel 7
Sure do, Linda...but what I was trying to say was that even though that feature is missing it is not the end of the world in practical terms...we all survived without the Filtering Extension prior to Webroot producing it...and no doubt the Development Team will sort out the issue shortly...and all will be back to normal.

In the interim you could install 3rd party extensions that so a similar job (not as well mind) until this issue is fixed. ;)

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 6
Badge +23
😃
I'm not missing the icon in my system tray, but when I click on it to check scans, nothing happens.  I'm, using the newest version of Firefox.
I do have the green icon in my system tray - nut when I click on it, - nothing happens.  I'm using the latest version of Firexox.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I'm not missing the icon in my system tray, but when I click on it to check scans, nothing happens.  I'm, using the newest version of Firefox.
Please double click the icon in the system tray. That should open the interface window.

Let us know if this helps!

Beth
I do double-click on it - nothing happens !!!
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Place your cursor on the tray icon and right click. Do you see a menu?

If not, you could try an uninstall and reinstall, however I suggest that you  submit a support ticket

Let us know

Beth
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community.

Can you please do a clean reinstall of WSA? Please follow the following steps Closely:

• Make sure you have a copy of your Keycode
  • KEEP the computer online for all of the following steps
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your keycode and don't import any settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again

Please let us know if that resolves your issue? If not Submit a Support Ticket!

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@BB613 wrote:
@ wrote:
Place your cursor on the tray icon and right click. Do you see a menu?

If not, you could try an uninstall and reinstall, however I suggest that you  submit a support ticket

Let us know

Beth
@ wrote:
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community.

Can you please do a clean reinstall of WSA? Please follow the following steps:

• Make sure you have a copy of your Keycode
  • KEEP the computer online for all of the following steps
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your keycode and don't import any settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again

Please let us know if that resolves your issue? If not Submit a Support Ticket!

Thanks,

Daniel :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome JMBL40 to the Community Forum..Great to have you here and you are certainly in good hands with TripleHelix!

Let us know how you are doing so that we can help others as well!

We are a friendly group of Volunteers always ready to help!:D

WOW - I finally decided to reboot my computer.  I was also having problems with other web sites - I,e, game sites using adobe players.  At least now the icon works.  Thanks for all the help. 

Oh - incidentally, I am constantly getting message that I've lost connection to server.  Is it your server? - or the Firefox server? 

Thanks again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Does it look like a Webroot message green like the GUI?

Thanks,

Daniel