I tried to launch a game from steam, but it won’t load due to the missing wrdll.x64.dlll file. I don’t know what this file is but I think this is a webroot file since there are other topic mentioning wrdll. I never have this problem before and it just suddenly come up.
Here is a screenshot of the error message :
I’ve tried uninstalling webroot and launching the game again. But it still shows the same message.
I reinstalled it again, hoping that the dll file will be installed as well but it’s still missing.
My current webroot version is 184.108.40.206
The error only occur with games that has easy anti cheat. Other games without it can load just fine.
Any idea on how to solve this? Thank you.
Best answer by TripleHelix
Try another reinstall and I hope you know how to go into Safe Mode? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-10-92c27cff-db89-8644-1ce4-b3e5e56fe234
Please follow the steps closely!
- Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
- Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
- KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
- Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
- Uninstall WSA and Reboot
- Go into Safe Mode and delete these folders if they are still there:
- C:\Program Files\Webroot Folder
- C:\ProgramData\WRData Folder (Hidden Area)
- C:\ProgramData\WRCore Folder (Hidden Area)
- Reboot back into normal mode
- Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
- Let it finish it's install scan
- Reboot once again
- DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?