Solved

Mobile issue after update

• 12 June 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
I have Webroot SecureAnywhere Mobile Premier on my Galaxy S7. The phone just updated. It's telling me: update-v0411.apk, is a threat. What is it? is it the whole update? was it from Samsung or was I tricked?
icon

Best answer by kbump68 12 June 2018, 03:30

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello kbump68.

Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum,

I have searched Google for this "update-v0411.apk" and I am not coming up with anything revelant.

To be safe the best thing to do is to submit a support ticket, and the support team will be happy to assist you. This is a Free service with your Webroot Subscription. Support usually responds back within 24-48 hrs or less.

Also I'll ping @ who is our Webroot Mobile Expert (when she has a chance) and see if she has anything to add about this possible threat or if it is indeed a False Positive.
Hope this helps?
Userlevel 1
Thank you for that quick reply... I think I figured it out. I just viewed the details and it said it something about being a "Dropper", and Trojan malware... I was thinking it was the whole downlaod but it looks like it was part of some app... I clicked remove and then ran a virus scan and Webroot said it was all good...  So, I think I'm good! ... Thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Thank you for that quick reply... I think I figured it out. I just viewed the details and it said it something about being a "Dropper", and Trojan malware... I was thinking it was the whole downlaod but it looks like it was part of some app... I clicked remove and then ran a virus scan and Webroot said it was all good...  So, I think I'm good! ... Thank you!
Wonderful that you figured this out and that Webroot was doing it's job.:D

And you're most welcome!

Thank you for letting us know. Much appreicated!

Have a nice evening...