Solved

moblie device (ipad) is not shown as protected even though I have downloaded webroot to my ipad. my two pcs are shown as protected

• 13 May 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge +1
I have a 3 device webroot subscription (just renewed). my two pcs are shown as protected but my ipad does not appear to be covered (zero mobile devices shown as protected) despite webroot being down loaded on my ipad.
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 13 May 2019, 03:02

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @pgoldner ,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

After installing the Webroot app on your iOS device, it does not appear in the online management account under Mobile Security as Android devices do. This is as designed.

Because of how Apple controls the apps that are available for their mobile devices, there is currently no way to get a virus on them. In turn, there are no antivirus apps made for Apple mobile devices. However, Webroot does provide a SecureWeb application for iOS devices to protect your information online.

Since there is no antivirus available for these devices, they will not be listed in the Mobile Security section of the online management account. If you are using the Backup & Sync app, only included in SecureAnywhere Complete subscriptions, then you will see the device listed in the Backups section of the online management account.

To learn how to use these products, you can view the Help documentation at the links below:
For instructions on installing these apps, click here.

If you still need help or have more questions then please Submit a Support Ticket which is free of charge and they will gladly assist.

Hope this helps somewhat?