Solved

Mouse moves by itself and opens and closes applications

• 27 June 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge +1
After I have closed my laptop for a short while and then re-open it...the mouse is moving by itself and opens and closes different applications. It will also flip back and forth between applications that I have left open. It's almost as if someone has high-jacked my computer and is looking for something. I am running Webroot, the virus definitions are up to date and the scan runs every 24 hours. I am also running windows Defender firewall. However...no intrusions or viruses are picked up. The mouse isn't just aimlessly wandering about the desk top. Applications are being opened and the mouse is running through different menu options....so I am fairly certain that somehow someone has control of my computer. So...how can I fix this and how is it that Webroot isn't picking up this virus/intrusion?
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 28 June 2019, 01:14

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Hello @CraigDykstra and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

The best thing to do is Submit a Support Ticket and ask for a free security check and they will let you know if there is something malicious and if so help you remove it. It's all free with a paid subscription of Webroot SecureAnywhere.

Thanks,