Solved

MS Windows 2004 and Webroot, settings?

• 1 June 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
  • Popular Voice
  • 31 replies

It’s been a long time since my last post here and I have a question.

On my  Dell desktop, I recently updated to the 2004 version of Windows.  Everything in Windows Security is now active after the update.  Everything seems to be working OK, meshing alright with WR,  but I wondered is their any settings in Windows that I should disable or enable for the best security and system resources.

Thanks in advance for any hints.

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 2 June 2020, 02:16

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @rd52 

There’s nothing to do as I have been using the 2004 version for over a month and WSA is working very well on it! Just make sure Windows Firewall is on: https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_pc_userguide/wsa_pc_userguide.htm#UsingFirewallWebShieldProtection/ManagingFirewalls.htm%3FTocPath%3DUsing%2520Firewall%2520%252F%2520Web%2520Shield%2520Protection%7C_____1

HTH,

Userlevel 2

Thanks TripleHelix for the quick reply.  Another question, would it be advisable, and/or have you tried, to use the isolated browsing in the App & Browser control in Windows?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I haven’t tried it but I don’t see why not. I have another security app that’s protects my Browsers.

Userlevel 2

TripleHelix, thanks I’ll probably try  Windows isolated browsing, any troubles, I’ll let you know.

Thanks!