Solved

MsiInstaller error code 1013 every 15 minutes after updating new keycode

• 24 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I am getting this MsiInstaller  error code  1013 every 15 minutes on both Windows 10 computers.  It  happened soon after updating Webroot with new key code.  Have done this in years past and no problems.  Can’t seem to get any support from Webroot when I click on  “Help and Support” nothing happens.

So to test my theory Webroot was the problem, I got both laptop and desktop (both Windows 10 with current updates)  and was watching via computer management screen the error mention above happen every 15 minutes on both computers.   On laptop I removed Webroot and started using Microsoft default virus software.  No more errors have occurred on laptop for last 2 ½ hours.   Still getting errors on desktop.  

Also, noticed something I don’t remember seeing before and that is a little padlock on the Webroot tray icon.   Maybe it’s always been there ?   I did set Webroot not to auto update, that hasn’t made any difference.   More of the error code info is below: 

Product: Core -- Unable to install because a newer version of this product is already installed.
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 24 November 2022, 21:59

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @diverjer 

Have you contacted Webroot support for help as they have tools to help you.

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Or you can try a clean reinstall and the Core files have been around for more then 2 years and it’s builtin to Webroot. Also the little Padlock has always been there as it’s part of the Identity Shield when a Browser is open.  https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_pc_userguide/wsa_pc_userguide.htm#UsingIdentityProtection/ManagingIdentityProtection.htm

Click on picture to see full size!

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Go into Safe Mode and Delete these Folders if they are there!
  • C:\Program Files\Webroot Folder
  • C:\ProgramData\WRData Folder (Hidden Folder)
  • C:\ProgramData\WRCore Folder (Hidden Folder)
  • Boot back into normal mode
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
  • DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done

Info in case you don’t know how to go into Safe Mode: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-10-92c27cff-db89-8644-1ce4-b3e5e56fe234

Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I did put in a ticket and was told to uninstall and reinstall.  They had me do it this way , start, run and then type this in  "C:\Program Files\Webroot\WRSA.exe" -uninstall  So I followed what they said.  

I did it, then they had a link for download and said to not let it import my old settings.  However it hasn’t asked to import old settings, just took off scanning system to and adapting Secureanywhere to best protect you.

Seems to be a standard first thing to try, uninstall and reinstall.  

Will it’s loaded, will wait the 15 minutes and see if error still comes on.  I was looking around as the shield of MS is on with yellow! which usually means not protected or something wrong.  However when looking on Virus and Threat Protection, it shows Webroot and all is green.  If I click on the menu Firewall and Network Protection , Private Network Active-it shows  Microsoft Defender Firewall is on.  Checked Webroot and it’s firewall is also active.  Don’t know why that yellow ! is on there instead of the green check mark.   

About 5 more minutes to see if error logs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Everything sounds good to me and yes both Windows firewall and Webroot firewalls should be on! https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_pc_userguide/wsa_pc_userguide.htm#UsingFirewallWebShieldProtection/ManagingFirewalls.htm

Also look under the Identity Protection Tab and you can add the Browsers you have and anything else you would like to protect, just to let you know the Realtime Shield is always looking for bad files on your PC!

I have my Firefox browser open at this time so the little yellow padlock shows up!

Cheers,