Multiple scans

• 29 November 2015
  • 60 replies

Userlevel 2
Webroot does not scan at set time i've set up through settings.  It appears to scan when computer is taken out of sleep mode.  It will also open several scans per day.  

60 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Perhaps that's due to the setting" scan on bootup if the computer is off at the scheduled time". I am unsure wether WSA has the capability to bring your machine out of sleep mode just to scan it. To me it sounds logic that the scan happens after you bring it out of sleep mode when the machine was at sleep at the time of the scheduled scan... But perhaps one of the experts here can explain it better.
Userlevel 7
Hi Laralat

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Would you please click on 'Advanced Setting' (top right hand corner of the main app panel and then on the 'Scheduler' tab

and let us know what your settings are especially in the case of the ones that I have boxed in RED.

We should be able to tell from that why what is happening is happening.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 2
I don't have those same options. The boxes I have available are:
 - Run immediately at startup if SecureAnywhere misses a scheduled activity
- Don't perform scheduled activity when on battery power
- Don't perform scheduled activity when a full screen application or game is open
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello,

Is there anyway you can take a snapshot of the page you see? You can use Windows Snipping Tool if you have Vista or higher versions of Windows see here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/use-snipping-tool-capture-screen-shots#1TC=windows-10 and here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/snipping-tool-faq#1TC=windows-7
Thanks,

Daniel ;)

This is how mine is setup as I want it to scan at 1PM daily and no other time also I see the Scan screen pop-up when it does!

Userlevel 2

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
LOL yours is a Mac version so I will ping ? our Mac expert!

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 2
Sorry about that Daniel!  I thought I mentioned that my original thread... 🙂  Thanks for your help though.  Have a great day!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Laralat.

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

I have the same setup that you have. Have you tried the Reset Schedule? My Webroot on my Mac will scan upon boot up. And if I don't reboot which I hardly do reboot. It will scan at 3:00 PM. I do not have an issue with scanning after my Mac awakes from sleep.

I can't tell you why Webroot scans after sleep mode. and not at a scheduled time.  My Webroot is scanning now at 3 PM.

Please have a look at the Mac User Guide

I would say that you could Submit a Suupport Ticket and they will have a look for free of charge beecause Webroot shouldn't be scanning that many times. At least mine doesn't.. I don't know if a uninstall/clean reinstall would fix this.

Hoped I helped out somewhat.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
A 2 hour and 57 minute scan Sherry? LOL

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Again Laralat.

I was just wondering how long does it take to scan with Webroot? My scanning time is usually 45-60 mins. Of course this varies with other Macs. Just curious...
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Yes you are right Daniel but I did reboot around then...so not sure am I? I am not aware that my system scans that many times. I am usuallly on standby alot through the day. So I do have a long scanning time..don't I?

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Yes you are right Daniel but I did reboot around then...so not sure am I? I am not aware that my system scans that many times. I am usuallly on standby alot through the day. So I do have a long scanning time..don't I?

WoW that's a longtime or does the Mac version scan the whole drive every time? Maybe @ can give us some incite?

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Maybe ? scanned the entire internet :D because then 2hrs+ would be an acceptable time for WSA
For me i usually average around 3minutes and if i do it the custom way and simply scan everything then i'm at 1hr and a roughly 40 minutes
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Maybe @ scanned the entire internet :D because then 2hrs+ would be an acceptable time for WSA
For me i usually average around 3minutes and if i do it the custom way and simply scan everything then i'm at 1hr and a roughly 40 minutes
Here about 25 to 40 seconds.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
? i'm jealous on you but most likely your system's 10 times younger then mines. It started off as a joke to keep that system running but now it runs soo smoothly with Windows 10 and WSA combined i refuse to decomission it... 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ i'm jealous on you but most likely your system's 10 times younger then mines
Yeppers. Alienware 17R2 Laptop with 5 SSD's.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Yeppers. Alienware 17R2 Laptop with 5 SSD's.
:$ Lattitude D630 with no SSD and a 40Gb Sata because all i use it for is to read messages, watch a movie, read a book or mess a bit in Powershell so it's enough for me at home. I await a runin with a Dell rep so they'll confiscate mine to add to their museum. Then people can pay an admission fee to see WSA run like a charm on a flintstones box
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Daniel ...

Want to do the Math? LOLs

I've always have a Full Scan..

About another 35 minutes maybe this scan will be done!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
All you need is a Quick Scan as they call it on a MAC version it's the same as a Default Deep Scan for PC's. Because WSA's Realtime Shield is always active and watching your system.

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
All you need is a Quick Scan as they call it on a MAC version it's the same as a Default Deep Scan for PC's. Because WSA's Realtime Shield is always active and watching your system.

Daniel
Okay I'll do a Quick scan and see how fast it goes!

Thanks Daniel!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Now here we go. 1m 490s

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Webroot does not scan at set time i've set up through settings.  It appears to scan when computer is taken out of sleep mode.  It will also open several scans per day.  
If your computer is in sleep mode or off during the scheduled scan time then it will not scan untill it is brought out of sleep mode. 
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

WoW that's a longtime or does the Mac version scan the whole drive every time? Maybe @ can give us some incite?

Daniel
This could be due to a few things, if the system was scanning and you your put it to sleep the timer will continue to count but the scan will stop until the system is relaunched.  It could also happen if there are backups or external drives set to scan.  Without running MacLogs I wouldnt know exactly what is going on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thanks for that information Wanderingbug! 😃
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Thanks for that information Wanderingbug! :D
Thats what Im here for :robothappy: