Multiple scans

• 29 November 2015
  • 60 replies

Userlevel 2
Webroot does not scan at set time i've set up through settings.  It appears to scan when computer is taken out of sleep mode.  It will also open several scans per day.  

60 replies

Userlevel 2
Hi Sherry - Thank you for your response!
I did select the reset (no changes were made from last screen shot) and allowed my system to run.
As you can see, the scan went for 15h 33m 33s.  Appears that scan doesn't occur while in sleep mode.  Thoughts???  TIA!

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hi Sherry - Thank you for your response!
I did select the reset (no changes were made from last screen shot) and allowed my system to run.
As you can see, the scan went for 15h 33m 33s.  Appears that scan doesn't occur while in sleep mode.  Thoughts???  TIA!

Is this on a macbook or an iMac?  if it is an imac then disable the feature to put your computer to sleep and run a scan this will give us a benchmark for a normal scan.  You can also submit a ticket and have our support team gather logs from the mac, once they have done so ask them to email me (Devin) and I will take a look at them for you to see if there is a problem. 
Userlevel 2
Hi Devin - I turned off sleep mode, disabled screen saver, etc.. and completed another scan.  This was done in 1:22:52 which appears to be reasonalbe considering the number of files scanned.  Would you agree?  

Userlevel 7
I cant see the picture but an hour is about a million files on an older mac, alot of the scan time determines on the specs of your machine as well.  If you are running a SSD with a faster processor and high ram than your scans will be alot faster than an older Mac running a mechanical drive and older ram/processor. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I cant see the picture but an hour is about a million files on an older mac, alot of the scan time determines on the specs of your machine as well.  If you are running a SSD with a faster processor and high ram than your scans will be alot faster than an older Mac running a mechanical drive and older ram/processor. 
Woundn't a Quick Scan be all that is needed?

Thanks,

Daniel
Userlevel 2
Yes, I have 1.3M files and an older Mac (know of any good cyberMonday deals??)    ;-)
So going forward, my only option to complete a scan when I'm not using my computer will be to disable the sleep mode?  
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Woundn't a Quick Scan be all that is needed?

Thanks,

Daniel
A quick scan is perfect if you know that the system is already clean, but the only way to know that is to do a full wipe or start fresh.  With the way that I write detections, the quickscan is great for new systems or fresh installed os but for people running older systems it is better to run full scans.  I have started putting in traces that will do a complete clean up of older threats for customers, this is to clean up what may not be used anymore but it helps keep the customers machine clean of junk files. I am currently looking into ways to increase our scan times dramatically but it will be a while before we can get it put into the code, as we are working on a bunch of new features for our enterprise customers. 
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Yes, I have 1.3M files and an older Mac (know of any good cyberMonday deals??)    ;-)
So going forward, my only option to complete a scan when I'm not using my computer will be to disable the sleep mode?  
You can do that, I dont run scheduled scans on mine as I let it scan whenever it wants to.  It shouldnt be causing a burdon on your system so most of the time you wont even know it ran.  Actually I think we are having a good deal on our product!  I have only bought one cyberMonday deal and that was for a new VPN/DNS service to hide my IP lol.
Userlevel 2
Thanks for your help Devin!
Userlevel 7
No problem, I am going to push a new update today that should cut scan times really down dramatically. My scans times are half of what they were. I am scanning about a million files in 10 minutes now. Keep an eye out for your version number to update to :388 or higher and let me know if that helps. Sherry, if you can let me know as well that would be great! Regards,
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
?, Yes Devin I'll let you know .. Excited for new update then! 🙂 That's awesome scanning time..I almost can't believe it! 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
No problem, I am going to push a new update today that should cut scan times really down dramatically. My scans times are half of what they were. I am scanning about a million files in 10 minutes now. Keep an eye out for your version number to update to :388 or higher and let me know if that helps. Sherry, if you can let me know as well that would be great! Regards,
Hi Devin..Webroot hasn''t updated yet from ...387.. so I'll let you know when it updates to do a scan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Devin,

EDITED:  ?

I am doing a Full scan now. Was this update to improve the scanning speed of a Full scan too? Well I do have an older Mac..so scanning should be about the same right?

Userlevel 7
quick scans will be about the same, it is the full scan that should be faster 
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Devin..

It seems to be faster at this point but why didn't this Full scan scan Active Processes?

Userlevel 7
during a full scan, we scan every single file including the active processes however it doesnt show it on the scan window.  The only time it will show the number of active processes is on a quick scan.  
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thanks Devin! That works for me..;) Yes I have just noticed this from previous post that I had posted with scanning results..oops
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Devin,

Here are the results of Full Scan..encase you were wondering.

Userlevel 7
can you screenshot the specs of your machine for me? just leave off your serial number.  This will help me understand where the differences are.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Sure thing!

Userlevel 7
ok, that makes sense then. Thanks, for posting that.  I can use it as a benchmark for QA testing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Anytime ...You are most welcome!

Thanks Devin..I just noticed there was a Apple update to Version 10.11.1... Rebooting system now..Also you have a mighty nice Flash drive and 16GBs of ram...Sweeeet! 

Userlevel 7
This is my new macbook pro, i also have an imac on my desk that has 20gb of ram 
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Well that certainly makes me want to buy a  new Mac! But I wouldn't know what to do with all that speed! 😉
Userlevel 7
Ive moved desks since you were here, this is the setup that i have now.