Multiple scans

• 29 November 2015
  • 60 replies

Userlevel 2
Webroot does not scan at set time i've set up through settings.  It appears to scan when computer is taken out of sleep mode.  It will also open several scans per day.  

60 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
WOW That's so awesome! Just love that setup! You guys have it made there at Webroot HQs! :) ? what's the red thing with the apple on it..external drive?
Userlevel 7
its my external drive that i use for mac threats.  we run different networks here so we have a green which is the safe network, yellow is research/developer and red is threat research only.  any computers on red are not allowed on other networks so i have to keep an external drive handy... and i have a bunch of apple stickers so i put one on it lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Welp it all sounds fun!!!:D Yeh bombard everyone with those apple stickers!:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
nicer little disk docking station ( the black thing in the middle which's most likely on USB ) Does it require an external powersupply or not? Wonder if i can find that over here.. Would be nice for me since we have Pleeeenty of old discs @ work.
Userlevel 7
yeah it requires a plug, but it supports two drives that can be either 2.5 or 3.5 drives

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Now if i could only get a few of those 450Gb SAS 15k disks from those decomissioned servers @ work 😃 Then i'd have a nice hot swappable storage unit.. And if those SAS disks don't fit some S-ATA's from similar capacities...
Userlevel 7
I need to change my setup at home,  Im running 8tb of storage for media and games but it is all in my main computer case.  I want to move it all to a NAS 
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Just went to have a look at a cubic metre of hard disks in the server room... and they are all going to be "recycled"
Userlevel 7
sounds like our server room.  We gave the school my girlfriend is an assist principal at like 15 laptops that we thought were old junk but they love them lol
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
First view at the cube shows anything from 80-160Gb IDE's to 2.5 & 3.5 10k or 15k SAS disks ranging from 32-150 or so Gb's. Didn't go dig deeper yet as i'm not alone. The room next door's filled up with old pc's HP6300SFF's with 465Gb Sata's so one or another school will be very happy .