Solved

My son has a MS Surface RT and has picked up a hijack.

• 14 July 2015
  • 9 replies

It point to a "Microsoft  certified tesh support" 888-973-4551 calling out   spt_adwarepop.exe virus..  Any info?  Deos webroot have a version for SURFACE RT? that I can download and run (I am a subscriber).

THX  Tom
icon

Best answer by JamesG 29 July 2015, 23:51

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

WSA cannot be installed on machines running Windows RT.  It can only be installed on machines running a full version of Windows, i.e., Windows 8/8.1.

To comfirm I will ask @ am I correct?

Kind Regards,
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ you are correct and I'm not sure but it can't hurt to Submit a Support Ticket as the OP uses WSA on other Devices maybe they can help! Maybe @ can tell us?

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Just to chime in here.

That is likely not a virus, it is referred to as a browser lock.

Please restart the device and let us know if it persists.

Regards,
Thanks a ton for your help   Tom
Thanks for your help  Tom
Userlevel 7
Tom,

You are very welcome!

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any other issues or concerns.

Regards,
This is definitely a scam!!!! I immediately hung up after the guy picked up my call on the 2nd ring and he had me on speakerphone. i dont believe microsoft tech support would not take me thru a phone tree (the 1st time ive ever appreciated a phone tree) to get my call answered. I called my carrier for tablet and they had to do a master reset. This scammer also was able to hack my phone because i was on the line for 32 seconds. i had to call my bank, put fraud alert on my bank account and change all email passwords.
I called that same number and they were saying they werent affiliated what do i do ....he told me to hold the microsoft button down and then press R and then he said put in iexplore.something in the run box at the bottom of the screen
Userlevel 7
Hello,

To anyone experiencing this issue, it is not a virus, and you SHOULD NOT under any circumstances call that number, simply restart the device and you should be good to go.

Regards,