Solved

my webcam/camera is no longer working. II How can I get this resolved?

• 17 October 2016
  • 1 reply

After installing Webroot, my webcam/camera is no longer functional. I can't do any video chat (skype, facebook, camera, etc...). How can I get this resolved? Thank you
icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 17 October 2016, 06:32

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hello etchegn0, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :D

Sorry to hear that your Webcam is not working. Please check to see if Webroot is blocking the App to your webcam:
Open WSA GUI > PC Security Cog Wheel (Upper Right) > Quarantine or Blocked /Allow Files.  If Blocked, set to Allow.

If nothing is being blocked you may want to try a Uninstall / Reinstall of WSA which solves about 80% of the problems:

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
If that doesn't solve the problem Please submit a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support to sort this problem. 

HTH,
Dave. ;)