Solved

My Webroot Quarantine is corrupted and my PC wont show up in my.webrootsecureanywhere.com control panel

  • 29 December 2019
  • 7 replies
  • 534 views

Badge +3

So my quarantine catches viruses, but then for some reason the viruses get renamed and the date changes. Every single virus that is caught is renamed and redated. I cannot distinguish one from the other. And, I cannot restore them into the system because they have a very weird name (in chinese). I have been thinking of resetting since I have tried reinstalling webroot and scanning with a different AV but to no avail the issue still remains. Also, my PC will not show up in the Webroot control panel @ my.webrootsecureanywhere.com. I only see my other PC but not the one I am having issues with. I think that I am the victim of a very sneaky virus that blocks connections and messes with the antivirus. I have some screenshots of this stuff. I cannot really reset since I have important programs and they will get deleted and I will have to reconfigure them, but if my AV that I pay for isn’t doing its job due to viruses, then I might need to reset or switch to another AV. I tried Avast and it did not have this issue. I tried Malwarebytes and it did not have this issue. This is happening with Webroot and I think something “poisoned” the quarantine somehow.

 

icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 31 December 2019, 04:38

Hello @frankboycher 

 

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Sorry for all the inconveniences this has caused you and the delay.

My best advice is to Submit a Support Ticket and have Support check this out for you. They can remotely help you if needed. This is all a Free service with your active Webroot Subscription. Support is the only one that can check out your Online Account Console to see what is going on among other things.

 

Hope this helps somewhat! Good Luck!

View original

7 replies

Badge +3

Some help here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +55

Hello @frankboycher 

 

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Sorry for all the inconveniences this has caused you and the delay.

My best advice is to Submit a Support Ticket and have Support check this out for you. They can remotely help you if needed. This is all a Free service with your active Webroot Subscription. Support is the only one that can check out your Online Account Console to see what is going on among other things.

 

Hope this helps somewhat! Good Luck!

Badge +1

Same issue here since december. Support answered it will be fixed in a future update. Not being able to restore an item can be considered a major issue I guess almost 2 months ha passed. Please look at the issue asap.

Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +17

I have the same issue with the quarantined items, it only shows a date and not the name of the infection.

Not submitted a support ticket

Badge +1

I have the same problem… as a long time user, I would really like to see this issue resolved.

 

 

Badge +1

My subscription has expired and I’m not renewing until fixed.

Thanks

Badge +3

same problem, exists for a while

Reply