MyPC Backup

• 16 February 2014
  • 2 replies

Webroot made me remove my MyPC Backup program.  Is MyPC Backup safe or is it not?  I paid for the program.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
MyPC Backup seems like it is a really helpful and useful utility, but many computers users complain that it usually comes into users computer stealthily and generates numerous annoying alerts. MyPC Backup actually is not malicious virus related but it is do potentially unwanted.

MyPC Backup full version costs several dollars. If you do tricked by this rogue program, there is a purchase page need you to offer all your personal information including your name, phone number, email address and your credit card information etc. On the other hand, MyPC Backup constantly prompts out annoying alerts to remind you that you need to backup your files or some your files are not protected. All of these annoying alerts are aim to persuade you to buy its full version. Do not trust it.
Additionally
http://www.urlvoid.com/scan/mypcbackup.com/

Userlevel 7
Adding to what Petrovic said, I checked the website for the software using Brightcloud.com, which is Webroot's URL checking system.  It returns a result as follows:

High Risk: Botnets and Proxies found.

If you believe this report is in error, please submit a Trouble Ticket to have Webroot Support take another look, but it does appear that this is rightly considered to be a high risk software and blocked accordingly.