Solved

Network/Internet Events @ 0

• 29 April 2013
  • 8 replies

Good evening.

I was looking through the events monitor and noticed that Network/Internet events is at 0 despite being on IRC, steam and surfing the web.  Is this normal?

Link

Thanks--Bill
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 29 April 2013, 02:40

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello Bill and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

Is this a clean install and do you have any other security software running in realtime with WSA?

TIA,

TH
Userlevel 7
Hello Arcenite and welcome to the Webroot Community!

No.. that is not normal.  I am not a full expert, so I do not know what IRC should do, but surfing the web certainly should show as activity. (Really, sent/received IRC messages should also.)

You might try clicking on the PC Security tab at the top, and then Shields on the left side.  Check to make sure all shields are turned on.  

Then, click the Firewall on the left side, and check that it is turned on as well.

You might need to re-install to see if that will help.

If none of these helps, click the link below to Submit a Trouble Ticket.

EDIT

LOL, TripleHelix beats me to it again :D

/EDIT
Thanks for the welcome.  Yes it is a clean install, no other realtime security software.  I am running on Windows 8 if that matters.

Thanks--Bill
I just reinstalled and all the numbers started climbing instantly except for Network/Internet.  I will submit a ticket as requested.  As another tidbit, I've got this installed on 3 devices (all Win8) and they are all acting the same way.  Strange.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Thanks for the welcome.  Yes it is a clean install, no other realtime security software.  I am running on Windows 8 if that matters.

Thanks--Bill
That could be why as the Firewall works differently on Windows 8 I will boot my Win 8 VM to compare. Also have a look at this post to see if your firewall looks like this?

Be back in a Minute!

TH
Yup, the firewall slider is ON and I see svchost.exe in the list of network apps.

Thanks--Bill
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yes it's because how Windows 8 handles the firewall as I got the same! This is how it would look on XP up to Win 7.

Thanks,

TH

Ah that's good to know.  Thanks for the quick response!