New key logger protection issues in W8...

• 19 December 2012
  • 7 replies

So after the patch that fixed the missing first letter issue (using 8.0.2.92), I have a new problem. Every time I type @, [ or ] it types @@, [[ and ]], €€, ££ $$..... This happens in Firefox but not in IE10.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
I'm afraid I've been unable to reproduce this, even on a Windows 8 system specifically.  It's likely going to require a remote session with Support to get to the bottom of this, and logs would be helpful.  Could you please open a support case?
Remote session? Sounds scary! :P

Yeah I probably have to open support case if others do not have that. Weird that it does it only with certain characters. It's going to be a bit busy week so it may slip to next week.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Remote session? Sounds scary! :P

Yeah I probably have to open support case if others do not have that. Weird that it does it only with certain characters. It's going to be a bit busy week so it may slip to next week.
Haha, well you're in good hands.  It just means Support logs on to your computer remotely and does more of the troubleshooting for you.  I'm sure the Community will be interested in hearing what happens.  Please let us know!
Well, apparently others do have the same problem: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=338302
Just for information, I'm using Finnish keyboard layout.
Userlevel 7
Indeed, it looks like development is aware of this issue with international keyboard character entry.

For anyone who hasn't clicked the link, our V.P. of Development, , chimed in on that linked thread saying:
@ wrote:
I suspect this is indeed a WSA issue. It's difficult to test each type of keyboard especially international ones as well with the keyboard monitoring we have in place. We're going to be investigating this closer and will hopefully have a resolution soon, but we need to be able to solve it without reducing keylogger protection, which is a bit complicated.

Please let me know if any other keystroke combinations don't work correctly or if you're experiencing any other problems as this will help narrow down the issue.

Thanks!
We can track that additional data here as well if anyone has any new information to add to the investigation.
I have the same first letter issue on windows 8 64 using a fujitsu siemens amilo xi2528 in French Belgium... Other software I use is comodo internet security 2013, roboform, secunia psi, steam & google drive... WSA .8.0.2.96
Userlevel 7
This looks very similar to another reported issue on a Dutch OS. These issues have been documented and provided to development. We'll update again once a solution is available.

For the Dutch customer, installing the English version of WSA resolved his similar issue. That may not always be an option for non-English speakers, so we'll certainly continue working on a solution.