Solved

No WRData folder

• 16 June 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
All I have in Program Files is a folder called Webroot with "SecurityProductInformation.ini", "WRSA.exe" and "WRSkyClientConnect.x86.dll" in it.
And in the Common Files folder in Program Files, there's another folder called Webroot with a folder called WebFiltering in it, but there's only two DLLs files there, "1467.dll" and "wrflt.dll".

Where is SecureAnywhere's WRData folder and the browser extension files located? I want to install it in Pale Moon browser. Thanks 🙂
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 16 June 2019, 23:20

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @felipevbnm ,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

WRData folder is in the C Drive and if it is not showing then you need to show hidden Folders by following this below:

• Open File Explorer from the taskbar.
  • Select View > Options > Change folder and search options.
  • Select the View tab and, in Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives and OK.
Go to the C Drive: This PC>Local Disk (C)>Program Data>WRData

Hope this helps and if not please get back to us.
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Hello @felipevbnm ,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

WRData folder is in the C Drive and if it is not showing then you need to show hidden Folders by following this below:

• Open File Explorer from the taskbar.
  • Select View > Options > Change folder and search options.
  • Select the View tab and, in Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives and OK.
Go to the C Drive: This PC>Local Disk (C)>Program Data>WRData

Hope this helps and if not please get back to us.

It worked, I can see the folder now.
That was simpler than I thought it would be, I should've thought about doing that before. Thanks for the quick and helpful answer. 😁
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
You are most Welcome @felipevbnm

I am always happy to help.

😊
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Another easy way to get to the WRData Folder.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

😊

Thanks! TripleHelix's solution also works. 😉

Btw, sorry for bothering again, but do you guys know if the webfiltering extension can be installed on the Pale Moon browser (Firefox fork)? It doesn't support Firefox webextensions (only legacy), and this method seems to be outdated and doesn't seem to work anymore, because now Webroot's Chrome extension needs to be installed from the Google Webstore, and the "Chrome" folder in WRData is empty.
I managed to install Webroot's extension on my other browser, Waterfox (that supports webextensions) tho, so if the extension can't be installed on Pale Moon, there's no problem, I will use Waterfox so I can have Webroot's extension. Thanks in advance.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63

😊

Thanks! TripleHelix's solution also works. 😉

Btw, sorry for bothering again, but do you guys know if the webfiltering extension can be installed on the Pale Moon browser (Firefox fork)? It doesn't support Firefox webextensions (only legacy), and this method seems to be outdated and doesn't seem to work anymore, because now Webroot's Chrome extension needs to be installed from the Google Webstore, and the "Chrome" folder in WRData is empty.
I managed to install Webroot's extension on my other browser, Waterfox (that supports webextensions) tho, so if the extension can't be installed on Pale Moon, there's no problem, I will use Waterfox so I can have Webroot's extension. Thanks in advance.

Not sure about other Browsers and I haven't tried in the last couple of years. There use to be work arounds but they are not encouraged to do it like that anymore as they made changes over this time period to the Webroot Client.