This is Mittens997. My laptop keeps advising me that Webroot is turned off. When I check it is actually on and running just fine. Can you tell me why this is happening and how to fix it? Thank you.
Already have an account? Login
Login to the community
No account yet? Create an account
Enter your username or e-mail address. We'll send you an e-mail with instructions to reset your password.
Welcome to the Webroot Community,
Would you try uninstalling/reinstalling Webroot to see if this helps?
Please follow the steps closely!
I still get the notification that my anti software is turned off!
Sorry to hear that Geek Squad wasn't able to fix this.
Please Submit a Support Ticket free of charge with a Webroot subscription and the Webroot Support Team can see what is going on. Explain to them that the Geek Squad has uninstalled and reinstaled. WR to no avail.
Let us know if this gets resolved or not.
I have just responded to your separate thread on this topic to advise that it has worked for some but not for others and so that the best advice is to Open a Support Ticket, so that Support are aware and can see how many users are experiencing the issue.
But to suggest that Webroot is not working is an unfair observation!
How long have you been a Webroot user? Does your Webroot perform scheduled and/or regular scans? Have you experienced any other problem with Webroot that hasn't been addressed?
As nic stated in his response on the previous page................
There's a flaw in our ticketing system where if you submit repeated tickets from the same email address, it moves you to the back of the line each time a new ticket is received. That is probably why you haven't heard back from us yet. If you allow the ticket to reach the top of the queue then someone will contact you back.
You are fine..no worries ...we understand the frustration and thank you for being patient!;)
Around the time the notifications popped up I had also installed new Windows updates. Could that be a cause of it?
My money is on something in the latest Windows updates breaking something somewhere related to WSA. As Sherry has said we apologise for the frustration as to the delay in getting this sorted but I am sure that the SupportTeam are working on a fix as fast as possible.
? it looks llike you have your solution based on Nic's post.
The issue you are having was caused by a Windows Update to their Security Center over the weekend. Webroot SecureAnywhere is on and it is protecting your device despite what Windows Security center is saying.
To resolve the issue, please follow the steps below:
1. Click on the Start button.
2. In the search bar at the bottom of the Start Menu, type "Services" and click on the result "Services" under Programs.
3. Scroll down until you find "Security Center" and double-click on it.
4. In the window that comes up, find "Startup type" and change the selection from "Automatic (Delayed)" to "Automatic."
5. At the bottom of the window, click "Apply" and then "OK."
6. Close out of all the windows and restart your computer.
Windows Security Center should now be fixed and displaying the correct information for SecureAnywhere.
Should you have additional questions, please send us a reply in the "Send another message:" section of this page.
The Webroot Support Team