Notices of Webroot turned off in Windows 10

• 28 February 2016
  • 49 replies

Hi
     This is Mittens997.  My laptop keeps advising me that Webroot is turned off.  When I check it is actually on and running just fine.  Can you tell me why this is happening and how to fix it?  Thank you.

49 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello mittens997

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Would you try uninstalling/reinstalling Webroot to see if this helps?

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE) .
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings if asked to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue? Or you can Submit a Support Ticket free of charge with a Webroot subscription and they can look into this for you.

Thanks,

I even had the Geeksquad work on two of my computers via remote.  they uninstalled and then re-installed Webroot.

I still get the notification that my anti software is turned off! 
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Dsouthw524,

Sorry to hear that Geek Squad wasn't able to fix this.

Please Submit a Support Ticket free of charge with a Webroot subscription and the Webroot Support Team can see what is going on. Explain to them that the Geek Squad has uninstalled and reinstaled. WR to no avail.

Let us know if this gets resolved or not.

Userlevel 3
Many Windows 10 users are experiencing this bogus message.  I have submitted 3 tickets on this and I have not received a single response from Webroot.  I hate to begin the process of highlighting this errant behavior to the many Windows 10 forums and ALLY bank forums that I am a member of, but I need some sort of response from WEBROOT on this matter.  I have not mentioned this in the aforementioned communities because it could damage WEBROOT's reputation and cost the company money.   How about responding to your users WEBROOT??

Regards,

GH
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
There's a flaw in our ticketing system where if you submit repeated tickets from the same email address, it moves you to the back of the line each time a new ticket is received. That is probably why you haven't heard back from us yet. If you allow the ticket to reach the top of the queue then someone will contact you back.
Userlevel 2
Did reinstalling work for Mittens997
Userlevel 7
Hi indybas

I have just responded to your separate thread on this topic to advise that it has worked for some but not for others and so that the best advice is to Open a Support Ticket, so that Support are aware and can see how many users are experiencing the issue.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 2
Thanks for the reply,  I have submitted a support ticket,  indybas
Userlevel 3
Reinstalling doesnt work,and the support team will not respond to tickets.  Now what????
Userlevel 2
They have not responded to me either. I just went through a bad experience with Panda and with Web-Root. Does any anti virus program work?
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Hi indybas,  welcome to the Community....................Several of us are experiencing the same problem and I am certain support will get to our tickets in short order. There is obviously a glitch in some process which I'm certain is being looked into.

But to suggest that Webroot is not working is an unfair observation!

How long have you been a Webroot user? Does your Webroot perform scheduled and/or regular scans? Have you experienced any other problem with Webroot that hasn't been addressed?

As nic stated in his response on the previous page................

There's a flaw in our ticketing system where if you submit repeated tickets from the same email address, it moves you to the back of the line each time a new ticket is received. That is probably why you haven't heard back from us yet. If you allow the ticket to reach the top of the queue then someone will contact you back.
Userlevel 2
I am sorry if I upset someone. I did not mean to be nasty, just frustrated especially what I went through with Panda. I admit I am new to Web-Root and it came highly recommended. I will be patient and hope the fix is soon.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi indybas,

You are fine..no worries ...we understand the frustration and thank you for being patient!;)
I've had the same issue for two days in.  Submitted a ticket with no reply.  Already reinstalled webroot and it didn't work.

Around the time the notifications popped up I had also installed new Windows updates.  Could that be a cause of it?
Userlevel 7
Hi DirtyDeeds

My money is on something in the latest Windows updates breaking something somewhere related to WSA. As Sherry has said we apologise for the frustration as to the delay in getting this sorted but I am sure that the SupportTeam are working on a fix as fast as possible.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
You are correct @ - this was an update to the Windows Defender and security center causing this. If you contact support they'll be able to fix it for you:
http://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact
Userlevel 7
Cheers Nic.

? it looks llike you have your solution based on Nic's post.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Just applied this fix from support.......................

The issue you are having was caused by a Windows Update to their Security Center over the weekend. Webroot SecureAnywhere is on and it is protecting your device despite what Windows Security center is saying.

To resolve the issue, please follow the steps below:

1. Click on the Start button.
2. In the search bar at the bottom of the Start Menu, type "Services" and click on the result "Services" under Programs.
3. Scroll down until you find "Security Center" and double-click on it.
4. In the window that comes up, find "Startup type" and change the selection from "Automatic (Delayed)" to "Automatic."
5. At the bottom of the window, click "Apply" and then "OK."
6. Close out of all the windows and restart your computer.

Windows Security Center should now be fixed and displaying the correct information for SecureAnywhere.

Should you have additional questions, please send us a reply in the "Send another message:" section of this page.

Regards,

The Webroot Support Team
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thankyou for that information. .so relieved now. 😉
Userlevel 3
I just applied this to 4 different machines... So far so good!
Userlevel 3
@ wrote:
Just applied this fix from support.......................

The issue you are having was caused by a Windows Update to their Security Center over the weekend. Webroot SecureAnywhere is on and it is protecting your device despite what Windows Security center is saying.

To resolve the issue, please follow the steps below:

1. Click on the Start button.
2. In the search bar at the bottom of the Start Menu, type "Services" and click on the result "Services" under Programs.
3. Scroll down until you find "Security Center" and double-click on it.
4. In the window that comes up, find "Startup type" and change the selection from "Automatic (Delayed)" to "Automatic."
5. At the bottom of the window, click "Apply" and then "OK."
6. Close out of all the windows and restart your computer.

Windows Security Center should now be fixed and displaying the correct information for SecureAnywhere.

Should you have additional questions, please send us a reply in the "Send another message:" section of this page.

Regards,

The Webroot Support Team
I just applied this to 4 different machines... So far so good!
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Sorry to have to be the bearer of Bad News.................................but the problem still exists after the Support fix!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
 Hi ? I quess you'll have to go back to Support? This is not good!:@
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Well this is strange I've been running all the while with Security Centre service set to Automatic delayed start and I haven't had any problem with messages about AV and firewall turned off. I've just tried altering the setting to Automatic and rebooted and promptly got the error message popup about security being turned off, reset it to delayed start, reboot and problem gone! I'm running Win 10 Pro 64bit. 😠
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
I have gone back to support! In the meantime I have reset the SecurityService back to delayed start. So far no new notice yet, early this morning........................