Notices of Webroot turned off in Windows 10

• 28 February 2016
  • 49 replies

Hi
     This is Mittens997.  My laptop keeps advising me that Webroot is turned off.  When I check it is actually on and running just fine.  Can you tell me why this is happening and how to fix it?  Thank you.

49 replies

Userlevel 3
My system continues to be"fixed"since making the change over 17 hours ago. Hopefully this will keep working until a permanent solution can be found.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Many other AV's are reporting the same issue so it's not just WSA: https://www.google.com/search?q=security+center+windows+10&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=_wnbVuXTFoO8jgSDkL_4AQ#q=Windows+10+security+center+reports+antivirus+is+not+active

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Many other AV's are reporting the same issue so it's not just WSA: https://www.google.com/search?q=security+center+windows+10&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=_wnbVuXTFoO8jgSDkL_4AQ#q=Windows+10+security+center+reports+antivirus+is+not+active

Daniel
That's a good find Daniel! At least we know now that this isn't just Webroot!
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Yes it is good to know that other vendors are having the same problems, it may mean that MS will try harder to solve it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
 I've got 2 computers running W10 and I've yet to turn them on to see if I am getting these notices and I haven't updated them  in a couple of weeks. I guess I'll check them out now. uggg 😠
Userlevel 7
No issue here turning every thing on and off.  :p
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Well no messages on the Gateway 32bit running 10 but now the ol Dell running has updated while booting up..it's a wait and see ..70% ...hoping for the best! LOLs

Edited: I've haven't got those MS notices so far on either machine...strange..
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Nope I spoke too soon..I am getting the same notice that my antispyware is off...
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
I don't mean to keep posting on this thread but I did a uninstall since I was on an old version of Webroot with all the shields turned off which I could not turn back on.

.Now I'm running Webroot current version without the MS warnings popping up. Will wait and see...
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I haven't seen any messages from my 2 Windows 10 x64 systems and all up to date.

Daniel
Userlevel 7
I have seen nothing on my 64bit & 32bit installations of  Windows 10...and all patched up and at latest here too. :S
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I have seen nothing on my 64bit & 32bit installations of  Windows 10...and all patched up and at latest here too. :S
Very odd my friend! 😠
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
? Well I was just going to say I'd had no problems with any of mine either, and it's just happened on one of my Pcs! restarting the Security Centre service seems to have fixed it though. :S
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Very odd my friend! :@
Yeppers...I will have to see what my 32bit system is palying at as it should be showing symptoms. :@
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ Well I was just going to say I'd had no problems with any of mine either, and it's just happened on one of my Pcs! restarting the Security Centre service seems to have fixed it though. :S
Oh, sorry to hear that. As I just responded to Dniel, I will have to go and have a good look at my 32bit system again and see if I have missed something. Having said that it is a tablet, running the full version of Win 10, and I am not sthinking that tablets are in any way different or immune to this. :(
Userlevel 5
Badge +15
Cool.  We all get upset when our systems appear threatened!
I applied the fix and I'm still getting the notification, although not as frequently.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Well this fix works for some ...so hopefully Microsoft will have this fixed soon. 
Userlevel 5
Badge +15
Thanks everyone for a dynamic discussion to follow. (Much better than worrying about what has happened and being in the dark about it!)
Userlevel 5
Badge +15
I'm also having this problem. Changed the setting in Security Center from Automatic Delayed to Automatic. No problems for one day, then the webroot off message came back when I booted up this AM. Anything else to try, or do we wait for a Microsoft/Webroot fix? Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Hi jreddoch

As far as I know there is nothing else to try and therefore it is best to wait for a Microsoft fix and/or a further Webroot fix.

I am sure that the SupportTeam are working as fast as they can on this but it may be that it is really down to Microsoft to fix..we just do not have the details of what exactly is 'broken'/the cause of the issue.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 5
Badge +15
Thank you sir. It is of some relief to know that this isn't something I should have been able to deal with on my own.
Userlevel 7
Hi jreddoch

You are most welcome. I am just sorry that you are experiencing issues. This sort of broke mid to late last week so hopefully with a full tilt at it this week, and a Microsoft Patch Tuesday coming up, there will be resolution to the issue...especailly as from what I read on the Internet this issue is not just affecting Webroot but also security app vendors.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
I have just received a zip file from support which contains reg entries for a |Vista Security Center fix dated Feb 24/2016. I have not applied this fix as yet. I am waiting on a query about the validity of this fix applied to Windows 10??