Notices of Webroot turned off in Windows 10

• 28 February 2016
  • 49 replies

Hi
     This is Mittens997.  My laptop keeps advising me that Webroot is turned off.  When I check it is actually on and running just fine.  Can you tell me why this is happening and how to fix it?  Thank you.

49 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
There's a flaw in our ticketing system where if you submit repeated tickets from the same email address, it moves you to the back of the line each time a new ticket is received. That is probably why you haven't heard back from us yet. If you allow the ticket to reach the top of the queue then someone will contact you back.
Userlevel 7
Hi indybas,  welcome to the Community....................Several of us are experiencing the same problem and I am certain support will get to our tickets in short order. There is obviously a glitch in some process which I'm certain is being looked into.

But to suggest that Webroot is not working is an unfair observation!

How long have you been a Webroot user? Does your Webroot perform scheduled and/or regular scans? Have you experienced any other problem with Webroot that hasn't been addressed?

As nic stated in his response on the previous page................

There's a flaw in our ticketing system where if you submit repeated tickets from the same email address, it moves you to the back of the line each time a new ticket is received. That is probably why you haven't heard back from us yet. If you allow the ticket to reach the top of the queue then someone will contact you back.
Userlevel 2
I am sorry if I upset someone. I did not mean to be nasty, just frustrated especially what I went through with Panda. I admit I am new to Web-Root and it came highly recommended. I will be patient and hope the fix is soon.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
You are correct @ - this was an update to the Windows Defender and security center causing this. If you contact support they'll be able to fix it for you:
http://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact
Userlevel 3
My system continues to be"fixed"since making the change over 17 hours ago. Hopefully this will keep working until a permanent solution can be found.
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Many other AV's are reporting the same issue so it's not just WSA: https://www.google.com/search?q=security+center+windows+10&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=_wnbVuXTFoO8jgSDkL_4AQ#q=Windows+10+security+center+reports+antivirus+is+not+active

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
@ wrote:
Many other AV's are reporting the same issue so it's not just WSA: https://www.google.com/search?q=security+center+windows+10&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=_wnbVuXTFoO8jgSDkL_4AQ#q=Windows+10+security+center+reports+antivirus+is+not+active

Daniel
That's a good find Daniel! At least we know now that this isn't just Webroot!
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Yes it is good to know that other vendors are having the same problems, it may mean that MS will try harder to solve it.
Userlevel 7
No issue here turning every thing on and off.  :p
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Well no messages on the Gateway 32bit running 10 but now the ol Dell running has updated while booting up..it's a wait and see ..70% ...hoping for the best! LOLs

Edited: I've haven't got those MS notices so far on either machine...strange..
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Nope I spoke too soon..I am getting the same notice that my antispyware is off...
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
I don't mean to keep posting on this thread but I did a uninstall since I was on an old version of Webroot with all the shields turned off which I could not turn back on.

.Now I'm running Webroot current version without the MS warnings popping up. Will wait and see...
Userlevel 7
Badge +18
? Well I was just going to say I'd had no problems with any of mine either, and it's just happened on one of my Pcs! restarting the Security Centre service seems to have fixed it though. :S
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Thanks everyone for a dynamic discussion to follow. (Much better than worrying about what has happened and being in the dark about it!)
Userlevel 2
Thanks for the reply,  I have submitted a support ticket,  indybas
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Hi indybas,

You are fine..no worries ...we understand the frustration and thank you for being patient!;)
Userlevel 7
Just applied this fix from support.......................

The issue you are having was caused by a Windows Update to their Security Center over the weekend. Webroot SecureAnywhere is on and it is protecting your device despite what Windows Security center is saying.

To resolve the issue, please follow the steps below:

1. Click on the Start button.
2. In the search bar at the bottom of the Start Menu, type "Services" and click on the result "Services" under Programs.
3. Scroll down until you find "Security Center" and double-click on it.
4. In the window that comes up, find "Startup type" and change the selection from "Automatic (Delayed)" to "Automatic."
5. At the bottom of the window, click "Apply" and then "OK."
6. Close out of all the windows and restart your computer.

Windows Security Center should now be fixed and displaying the correct information for SecureAnywhere.

Should you have additional questions, please send us a reply in the "Send another message:" section of this page.

Regards,

The Webroot Support Team
Userlevel 3
@ wrote:
Just applied this fix from support.......................

The issue you are having was caused by a Windows Update to their Security Center over the weekend. Webroot SecureAnywhere is on and it is protecting your device despite what Windows Security center is saying.

To resolve the issue, please follow the steps below:

1. Click on the Start button.
2. In the search bar at the bottom of the Start Menu, type "Services" and click on the result "Services" under Programs.
3. Scroll down until you find "Security Center" and double-click on it.
4. In the window that comes up, find "Startup type" and change the selection from "Automatic (Delayed)" to "Automatic."
5. At the bottom of the window, click "Apply" and then "OK."
6. Close out of all the windows and restart your computer.

Windows Security Center should now be fixed and displaying the correct information for SecureAnywhere.

Should you have additional questions, please send us a reply in the "Send another message:" section of this page.

Regards,

The Webroot Support Team
I just applied this to 4 different machines... So far so good!
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
 I've got 2 computers running W10 and I've yet to turn them on to see if I am getting these notices and I haven't updated them  in a couple of weeks. I guess I'll check them out now. uggg 😠
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
I haven't seen any messages from my 2 Windows 10 x64 systems and all up to date.

Daniel
Userlevel 7
I have seen nothing on my 64bit & 32bit installations of  Windows 10...and all patched up and at latest here too. :S
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
@ wrote:
I have seen nothing on my 64bit & 32bit installations of  Windows 10...and all patched up and at latest here too. :S
Very odd my friend! 😠
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Very odd my friend! :@
Yeppers...I will have to see what my 32bit system is palying at as it should be showing symptoms. :@
I applied the fix and I'm still getting the notification, although not as frequently.
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Hi Dsouthw524,

Sorry to hear that Geek Squad wasn't able to fix this.

Please Submit a Support Ticket free of charge with a Webroot subscription and the Webroot Support Team can see what is going on. Explain to them that the Geek Squad has uninstalled and reinstaled. WR to no avail.

Let us know if this gets resolved or not.