Good afternoon, All.
I saw the discussion from 7 years ago and no, that didn’t work for me.
- Offline shields are disabled and remain so despite repeated attempts to enable them.
- Webroot has been uninstalled.
- Computer rebooted.
- Webroot reinstalled.
- Issue persists whether Admin or user accounts.
- Same issue with “prevent any program from modifying HOSTs file” under “Settings” subheading “Shields.”
- Clicking either button under “Support/Community” crashes Chrome.
- I have an Acer Nitro 5.
- I have Malwarebytes Pro.
- I have a message into Webroot Support.
- Front page of Webroot GUI says “Protected” with a big, green check mark.
Do I actually need Offline Shields? Chasing this is really making me want to test the tensile strength of my computer.
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Have you attempted to reach out to support? Due to the amount of factors involved here, it’s very likely you’ll need to do some troubleshooting with them to find a solution.
The support team can be reached here: http://webroot.com/us/en/support/home-contact
Thanks for the reply. Actually, I do have a request into support but haven’t received an answer as of yet. Everything other than Offline Shields and changing HOSTs file seems to work so I’m probably not high priority.
Give it a couple days and let me know if they don’t get back to you.
Will do. Thanks.