Good afternoon, All.
I saw the discussion from 7 years ago and no, that didn’t work for me.
- Offline shields are disabled and remain so despite repeated attempts to enable them.
- Webroot has been uninstalled.
- Computer rebooted.
- Webroot reinstalled.
- Issue persists whether Admin or user accounts.
- Same issue with “prevent any program from modifying HOSTs file” under “Settings” subheading “Shields.”
- Clicking either button under “Support/Community” crashes Chrome.
- I have an Acer Nitro 5.
- I have Malwarebytes Pro.
- I have a message into Webroot Support.
- Front page of Webroot GUI says “Protected” with a big, green check mark.
Do I actually need Offline Shields? Chasing this is really making me want to test the tensile strength of my computer.
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.