Solved

Outlook Express Folder Sync Window: winmail. exe-Corrupt

• 4 November 2013
  • 9 replies

Okay my computer WR scan have been stopping at 66% of the scanning and freeze my computer. I panicked and transferred my files to an E device even my e-mail file. Now this morning I received the first e-mail of the morning but also a pop at the lower toolbar reading:

"Outlook Express Folder Sync Window: winmail. exe-Corrupt" The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume c:" 

What can I do about that message? Thanks... please advise me>:(

Now I'm not receiving the e-mails but that message appears when I click the receive mail.

I rescheduled the WR scanning for late tonight so I can use my computer today. The system said it performed a scan  23 hours ago.

icon

Best answer by salutealltoday 6 November 2013, 02:01

View original

9 replies

Please help me! While typing this posting I just saw the pop message again...::(
Userlevel 7
Hello again!

OK.. given the problems you had last week with the WSA scans getting stuck at 66%, and now this far more informative error message, it would appear that the problem is not with WSA.  Your Outlook files, and possibly more, on your hard drive are corrupt.  This could be something that can be fixed with the Scan Disk/Check Disk (chkdsk) along with a degrag, but I suspect that this might not do much good.

If you are not a computer professional, I would strongly urge you to seek professional technical assistance in the form of your local Computer Repair shop.  It could very well be that your hard drive is failing, and you are at risk of losing all data as a result.  It is possible that the drive itself is OK, and you simply need to very thourough system cleaning in the form of a disk format and re-install of everything, but that is not something that we can diagnose in the confines of the Webroot Community: at the very least you will need remote technical services that are beyond the scope of what Webroot Support is likely to be able to do for you.
Userlevel 7
I completely agree with DavidP1970 and in my experience these are signs of a failing drive. 

I will try to fix the CHKDSK. Thanks!

After fixing the CHKDSK the email is working now.

Userlevel 7
Excellent! I am very happy that has resolved the issue at this time.

Please keep a very watchful eye on that hard drive: the symptoms you described indicate a good possibility that the hard drive could fail, so be aware of any other problems like that.
BIG UPDATE:
Need to update: I called webroot today and they help me too.
While I was checking the chdsk the computer was not finding some errors. When wonderful Johnny ran the computer in Safe Mode the computer showed some errors and began the repairs...and guess what?. Bingo...errors were found and fixed.

Then remotely he uninstalled and reinstalled the wr program and scanned the computer again .....the feeling was great when I saw the scanning screen passing the 67% percent of scanning. (That was the point were the computer was freezing!

Thanks everyone that advised me and a big virtual congratulations to Mr. Johnny S in Webroot!
 :D:D
Userlevel 7
This is great news - Thank you so much for letting us know and for the kudos to Johnny. I've let him and his leaders know that he has a fan on the Community! :D
Oh Mike please do. Thanks, please inform  Johnny S and the leaders ...that I'm very grateful!!!.
He was super patient. I know I talk a lot and interrupted him, just because I get nervous to think the computer is not working....so I apologize for that. Then he was super patient despite my interruption and talking.Then he did that checking in SAFE Mode and all those errors showed in the screen. It seems he knew immediately where to find the problem...I'm so happy with the help.

Everyone here has been wonderful. My questions has been answered helping me to have my computer and scanning back.
I have been a webroot client for years...and it give me comfort to have so many soldiers here available to help.
I have posted several questions recently and received answers in minutes!!! THANKS!

Userlevel 5
It was a pleasure working with you! Thank you for your response it is always great to hear.

Sincerely,
Johnny S