Solved

Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_area. wrcore.x64.sys (Windows 7)

• 21 December 2020
  • 7 replies

Every Time I Go on a Web Browser and browse sites like youtube and sites with video based ads windows Crashes after a while. i know this isnt normal as this didnt happen anytime last year or early this year. it always happens when i go online. idk why. is it a bug? below is the bugcheck code, Parameters, and the driver it mentions(in the format of the BSOD.

* STOP: 0x00000050 (0xfffff8a04f305000, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff80003ccd07a,
0x0000000000000000)

*** WRCore.x64.sys - Address 0xfffff88002c7a718 base at 0xfffff88002c42000 DateStamp
0x5ee7a280

Any way i can fix it?

icon

Best answer by ScrapMechanicFan2016 10 February 2021, 06:41

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@ScrapMechanicFan2016 ,

I have a few ideas of what could be causing this. Are you using an adblocker? Have you tried multiple browsers? 

Perhaps try turning some browser extensions off or trying a different browser - let me know if that works! 

yes i have used multiple browsers(and even on multiple Windows 7 PCs)i use multiple browsers for different purposes. Vista Handles the same Driver file just fine.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @ScrapMechanicFan2016 

Please do a clean reinstall of WSA.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Look to see if this folder is gone: C:\ProgramData\WRData and if it’s there delete it. (Hidden Area)
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
  • DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done

Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Minidumps put in a zip file (contains all the memory dumps)

well i didnt even do that

but i installed linux mint on a spare 80GB HDD and now am getting something different.

the same 0x0000050 but with ntoskrnl.exe

0x00000124 with hal.dll as the listed cause in bsod
and 0x0000000A also with hal.dll

i think windows 7 just hates me for some odd reason.

now i just want to downgrade to only using vista but cant as steam doesnt support it

(also system hidden folders are visible. i set that already)

sorry i took forever to respond. this isnt closed. until i find the true culprit of my bluescreening

what would happen if i were to rename wrcore.x64.sys to something else to prevent it from loading temporarily. will webroot still be effective?

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @ScrapMechanicFan2016 

With the issues you are having it’s best to Submit a Support Ticket and they will help you sort it out.

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue. A reply from Support should take from 24 to 48 hours but could take a little longer because of COVID 19 and the Webroot Employees are busy working from home.

Thanks,

i figured out the problem a month or half a week ago. i needed the SATA driver. i guess the generic one isnt good for long term use.