Solved

Panjo Marketplace tagged as bad site?

• 15 December 2013
  • 13 replies

One of the forums I have been using for a decade recently switched their for sale section to Panjo Marketplace.  Webroot kicks this site out as bad news.  A search here shows nothing under this title and I found nothing with a general web search.  any ideas?
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 15 December 2013, 12:23

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello Webwheeler and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

Yes it is and it looks like a source of spam in the past check the link here for more info http://www.brightcloud.com/

http://tinypic.com/r/swpkrr/5

http://tinypic.com/r/2uze9sm/5

But if you feel this to be in error you can contact support and see what they say!

TH
Ok...but  each of those sites shows the current status as "trustworthy" so again, WTF?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Can you please watch your language as this forum is for all ages! And I did say if you disagree contact support!

Daniel
uh, I was pointing out that what you posted shows Panjo to be "trustworthy"...their word, not mine, which makes no sense to me if the site is, in fact, problematic.
and...what language? 
Userlevel 7
Hi Webwheeler

Welcome to the Community Forums :D

I think that Daniel was referring to the suffix on you previous post. ;)  As he said this forum has memebers of all ages, and we like to avoid offense to anyone's sensibilities...hope that you get the drift? :D

Also as Daniel suggests...we are not Webroot Support but a Community of volunteers (not trying to patronise you, please understand that), and so escalation is really to Open a Support Ticket and query this with the development team.

But we are always happy to have a good root around/discussions of WSA related topics...so hope that we will see you around in the future, especially if yo do open the ticket, get resolution and then post that back here for the Community's benefit...as we are all here to learn...right?

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Webwheeler, 

Baldrick is correct, it was not your question that TripleHelix was referring to, it was the "WT-" at the end.  We are always happy to help, but we also try to keep things as 'family friendly' as we can at the same time.

Do follow up with that Trouble Ticket as Baldrick and TH suggested: that is one of the best ways to report a possible False Positive.

Let us know the results!

10-4
Hi - Chad here from Panjo.com. I wasn't aware of the rating. We will investigate that. Panjo is a reputable company based in Santa Monica, California. Emails, phone numbers, and LinkedIn profiles for the entire team are available at Panjo.com. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions about the integrity or security of the service. Panjo helps 100s of forums run marketplaces within their communities. Presently, Panjo uses PayPal for payment processing and runs buyers and sellers through a workflow that maximizes protections for each party. Transacting through Panjo is MUCH more secure than buying and selling on a forum in absense of Panjo. 
I just went in an updated some information at brightcloud and already the reputation is upgraded. Additional reputation upgrades are pending a review in the next 48 hours. Thanks again to alerting us to that rating. - Chad @ Panjo
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks as that is what I was going to suggest. ;)

Cheers,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Hi Chad

Thanks for the heads up.  These things unfortunately happen, given all the sites out there, so it is good to see that the system works, and things get sorted out, when this sort of issue (for want of a better word) occurs.

Regards

Baldrick
thanks all.  I had sent in a note to customer service this morning and they got back to me quickly with the good news.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Good to hear!

Cheers,

Daniel 😉